Author Topic: What My Dog Did Today...  (Read 8399 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: What My Dog Did Today...
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
I buy everything in 4's. But it doesn't matter. Whatever the other one has is the "good" one.

Poor Barkly realized he'd lost out and just flopped down on his belly the way Corgis do and watched Vlad for a while before deciding he'd lost out completely and found something else.

That is just too adorable! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Well the "psycho cat" from Oregon, is obviously scary enough that Barkly won't watch it tonight. He actually seemed to be afraid of Cat from Hell tonight and was hiding under our desk during the whole show after about 1 minute after the show began. The cat I'm talking about that was on the news earlier this year:

Normally most of our furkids aren't fond of cat meows and such, but we watched the show pretty late... everyone was pretty much asleep. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
Normally most of our furkids aren't fond of cat meows and such, but we watched the show pretty late... everyone was pretty much asleep. 

How do you manage that? Ours don't shut down until we tell them it's bedtime and cut the lights out. I think they're too afraid they'll miss a treat at some point while I'm awake.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
I just played a few short clips of cat videos, while there are cats in the room with me.  For the most part, they aren't paying attention.  A lot seems to depend on the particular noise the cat is making.  Today anyway. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:20 PM »
How do you manage that? Ours don't shut down until we tell them it's bedtime and cut the lights out. I think they're too afraid they'll miss a treat at some point while I'm awake.

Hubby is the only one with a normal schedule.  However, his hours just changed for the summer.  Me... my schedule is that I totally crash on about day 4.  lol  The only schedule we keep, is meal times for the furkids. 

Arrows (cat) calls it bedtime, when hubby does.  There are times when Arrows can barely old his eyes open, yet he will wait on hubby.  We added a one cat - cat tree/seat, next to hubby's recliner, so Arrows can go to sleep when he is tired.  They both can take cat naps, and not be asleep... officially.  ;)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »
Today I FINALLY got one of them to play fetch! Barkly's the only Corgi on earth that doesn't go berserk over tennis balls and fetch. Sharkly would chase them for hours until your arm fell off.

But after getting home from working on the rental house (don't even ask) I had a Gatorade, and I was sitting in Vlad's rock pile with him. After finishing, I put some pea-gravel in the bottle, and shook it to see his reaction. He loved the sound. I threw it, and he ran after it. Didn't bring it back though, so I chased it and threw it for him several times before going indoors.

Today after getting back, I threw it for him a few times. After the first time though, I picked it up and held it out at his mouth and he took it. Praised him a whole lot, then threw it again. When he chased it that time he automatically picked it up, and I called to him, "Come Vladdie. Bring it." The next time I only told him to, "Bring it."

My happiness that he learned it so fast only lasted a couple of more throws. Then he went and grabbed it the last time and ran off to a corner with it, just holding it between his legs. So much for that. He's obviously got a lot of the type of Airedale in him like Dannyboy was. It works a few times then it's going to be claimed with a "That's it!" look.

Barkly sat beside me the whole time, not moving unless I did, with his head cocked and giving Vlad the oddest look I've ever seen.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
Sounds like the boys like watching YOU fetch.  :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 06:01:04 AM »
You mean you don't buy everything in twos???  ;) 

What did Barkly do?

That is a great story. My cats have done things like that and I have read of other dogs doing it too.  animals are certainly capapble of that my sequential thought!

PS just read amnd enjoyed the fetch training story too. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
I am in the computer room.  Lacy is laying next to me.  She gets up, walks past me, goes into sleeping hubby's room... barks at him to let her outside. 
Guess she thought I was busy, or it was time for him to get up.  Funny creatures, aren't they?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
That's so funny!  Who knows what goes through their heads.  She wanted hubby for whatever reason...did he get up?

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »
That's so funny!  Who knows what goes through their heads.  She wanted hubby for whatever reason...did he get up?

Yes.  He was surprised to see that I was home.  He just assumed, if she was waking him up, I must still be at work.  He laughed. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:59 AM »
 :)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »
Lacy sneak snuggling a special cat toy.  I don't know why the picture flipped around, when posted.  I changed the settings on my phone to to "extra grainy"  ... apparently. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:54:51 AM by Lola »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »
I changed the settings on my phone to to "extra grainy"  ... apparently. 

That flip only happens to me when I take a photo holding the camera sideways to get a tall shot. Then I have to throw it into a program and flip it back to normal.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Thanks, Dee.  I'll have to check my phone and see if I did that. 

Tags:

'Hare