Author Topic: Epson Printers  (Read 10764 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Epson Printers
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
We used to have an Epson printer, and it was the best we've ever had. We needed a new printer, so we went back to the Epson brand on Dec. 30th, 2014 because we thought we were going to get a superior product compared to the couple of brands we've had since.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! We bought the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 at Staples. We installed it a week after we got it, and only the red and yellow would print. After much going back and forth with tech support (the only decent part of this whole experience), they sent us another one, and we returned the original one straight to Epson--BECAUSE they said they'd take care of it because they understood people had had problems with issues like this with Staples.

Well guess what? That 2nd one didn't work either--except now it wasn't printing ANY color. Not the least tiny blot of ink on any piece of paper that came out of it. They sent us an extra black cartridge since they'd had us clean the heads so much that it ran out of ink on all 4 cartridges. Still, not even the replacement black would print "black only."

Yesterday we received yet ANOTHER replacement printer. Guess what? It's not printing either. Another hour wasted on the phone.

They're sending ANOTHER one because though it seems they can charge our credit card IF we don't send the replacement printers back, it seems they can't credit our card with the amount we originally spent, and let us start again with a different model of printer.

SO here's my advice. IF you need a printer, and it doesn't work. Take it back to the store you bought it at immediately. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE COMPANY ITSELF. ESPECIALLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO PICK THE EPSON BRAND!

Better yet. Just don't buy an Epson at all. From everything that I can see, their quality has suffered greatly in the past few years. We really should have checked out the 1-star reviews in Amazon before finalizing our choice. We're not the only ones that have this same whacked out problem with this brand and model.

Feel free to pass this around to anyone you want to online. I don't mind one single bit!

Dee

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Epson Printers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:01:47 AM »
Oh boy what a pain in the neck!  Yes, it seems most companies rely heavily on old name and reputation these days, while selling absolute junk. At least the customer service was okay, but what use is it if they can't give you a working product? Exasperating.

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:45:29 AM »
Epson went public in 2003 which just goes to show you what happens to a company when the shareholders have their say. I used to have a computer business and was Epson dealer, they were great printers. Thx for the info, sad. If I ever get Pet South running and it grows I doubt I will ever go public.
Because pets are family...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
I still can't understand why they can charge our CC if we don't send printers back, but they can't credit our CC for the amount we're out. That just doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile, Epson in Twitter is all about New York Fashion week, and nothing else. Ridiculous. And while they piddle around, hubs is stuck going in early most every morning b/c he's having to take files in and print them out there before the clock really starts since he can't print out anything here. Epson doesn't care that he needs printouts of anything to pass around as soon as others come into work.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
Decent mfg often will make things right, once the review is in on Amazon.  You can leave a review there, even if purchased elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:31:28 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CD16201

I saw a few reviews stating the same problem. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:47 PM »
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CD16201

I saw a few reviews stating the same problem. 

That's why I said make sure that the 1-star reviews were checked in my witch-fest. I know I'll be checking them from now on because of this. Really didn't think Epson would ever be a company I'd have problems with before now.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 12:10:05 AM »
Fourth Printer. Doesn't work.  bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:14:14 AM »
Fourth Printer. Doesn't work.  bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

:( :( :( :( :(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »
I just can't imagine something being SO carpy!!!  Time to take it back and throw it through their window.  ;)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
Soooooo, what is your latest plan of action?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
Soooooo, what is your latest plan of action?

Well the 3rd has been sent back. Right now the plan is to chill out before I take someone's head off. I just can't talk to any of them right now.

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:44 PM »
can't you get your money back and buy an HP?
Because pets are family...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 09:47:43 PM »
can't you get your money back and buy an HP?

According to them (tech help), even though they have our CC information in case we don't send one back for each replacement, they can't pay the money back to our CC, or even send us a check. We have the receipt, we paid cash, and they're being total  :-X :-X about it.

I'm not sure what the next step is. But if we get our money back it's sure not going to be an Epson that we get. If we don't get our money back, it's not going to be an Epson, but I'm going to start being VERY outspoken about it thanks to the power of the Internet.

Right now I can't tell you how peeved I am b/c we're stuck with 2 little girls out of school due to the weather, and there's just so much cooking I can do with them. I NEED to be able to print out some extra lessons for them to keep their brains working. But of course, there's nothing here that works to print. I can get by with making the oldest do things like writing essays and copying some math problems for her, but with the one in Kindergarten, well I need to be able to print out things.

It's got me so angry that I don't trust myself to call them yet.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 02:18:43 PM »
I see a phone call/email to the Better Business Bureau in your future.  It might not hurt to send a letter to the CEO, and your state's Department of Consumer Affairs.  Then if you do call Epson again, you can mention that you've reached out to those departments.  It might just scare them enough to give you your money back.   :D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: epson printer