Author Topic: Coyote Proofed?  (Read 679 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Coyote Proofed?
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »
VIDEO AT:

http://www.wtae.com/news/coyote-proof-vest-keeps-pets-safe-gives-owners-peace-of-mind/39945256

I can't agree with letting dogs run loose, but if you're not going to use common sense and let them roam hither and yon, then I guess this is a pretty good idea.

This vest for your pets is made out of kelvar, a material designed to be bullet proof, but is now designed to be coyote proof. The Game Commission says more coyotes are seen as people building more into their territory.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:42:38 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: Coyote Proofed?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:56:37 AM »
We have coyotes in our neighborhood that get into backyards.  In fact, people refer to small dogs as "coyote bait."  So the vest would be a good thing for people that leave their dogs outside unattended. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline BeckPo

• Yapper
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
I couldn't wait to see this coyote proof vest.... it looks silly funny2

We have coyotes in my area as well. A great tip for anyone dealing with coyotes is to use fence covering. We've heard many stories in my neighborhood of coyotes taking dogs from between fences. They can be very deceiving and they can trick small dogs to come near gates to attack and drag them out.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 03:25:21 PM »
Someone 2 roads over shot a coyote this morning. It came around to search the chicken coop again when the owner was still at home. I've never seen them. Have only heard them singing and running across the hill behind us.

Vlad's barked when hearing them before. You could hear them running faster. Hee Hee
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:38:40 PM »
Vlad's barked when hearing them before. You could hear them running faster. Hee Hee

LOL!  Smart coyotes . . . if I were them and heard him bark, I'd probably run, too.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags:

'Hare