Author Topic: Chewy.com  (Read 717 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Chewy.com
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
I don't know anything about this site, how good (or not) they are, but I received a special offer in the mail for new customers and thought I'd share:

$15 off your first order of $49 or more, and free 1-2 day shipping.  Use this Welcome Code at checkout:  T7S7Y4SL.  Offer ends 12/31/2016.

Happy shopping!   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Chewy.com
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »
Chewy.com is wonderful.  Superior customer service. About the only place left that isn't owned by PetSmart.

Well, Entirelypets.com too I think.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
When I fed canned food, I bought the majority of it from Chewy.  It was actually cheaper, then buying local.
Currently the furkids' probiotics come from them.  I have it on auto-ship.  I also buy my cat litter from them. 
Like MC said... they have AWESOME service!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Online Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:36:46 PM »
Chewy.com is wonderful.  Superior customer service. About the only place left that isn't owned by PetSmart.

Well, Entirelypets.com too I think.

Chewy was bought out by PetSmart recently.  I was very disappointed to learn this, but have not yet noticed any change in prices or customer service.  They did lose at least two brands:  Fromm and Orijen. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Chewy was bought out by PetSmart recently.  I was very disappointed to learn this, but have not yet noticed any change in prices or customer service.  They did lose at least two brands:  Fromm and Orijen. 

I was pretty bummed when I learned that Chewy sold. 
I recently heard/read that some companies won't make their lines of food available at Chewy anymore, due to the sell-out. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »

Yes, thank you for updating this old thread.  I did start a thread about it, at the time.  I was a regular at Chewy's, until the buy out.

I do not, will not, support petsmart as long as they continue to profit from declawing.

Online Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
Yes, thank you for updating this old thread.  I did start a thread about it, at the time.  I was a regular at Chewy's, until the buy out.

I do not, will not, support petsmart as long as they continue to profit from declawing.

Oh, shoot.  Banfield.  It never even occurred to me that they do this.  I know so few people who would even consider declawing that it's probably not as much on my radar as it should be. 

That really stinks.  I liked Chewy.   :(

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
I did too.  Superior customer service.  Cound't be beat. I've found myself wondering if maybe that's why they couldn't afford to go it without being bought out.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »
I did too.  Superior customer service.  Cound't be beat. I've found myself wondering if maybe that's why they couldn't afford to go it without being bought out.

I don't think it's always a scenario of not being able to make it. I think it's quite often a "can't resist that much money" thing.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »

Just a note, vitacost.com now has a lot of pet foods, and (since 2014) they're owned by the Kroger company. I get all of our supplements and most of my gluten free baking (and dog cookie) ingredients there.

I've never been disappointed by them. I had some gluten free crackers from there arrive all broken and crushed once. They immediately made good on it. I generally get my orders within 5 days.

Really not a clue as to which cat food brands they have, but it's worth looking through. It's worth keeping SOME kind of alternative food around just in case, you know, zombies.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:37:20 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »
Oh, shoot.  Banfield.  It never even occurred to me that they do this.  I know so few people who would even consider declawing that it's probably not as much on my radar as it should be. 

That really stinks.  I liked Chewy.   :(

I do feel the need to add that I do not expect other people stop shopping at chewy for that reason,  just because I have.  I have to go with my own personal feelings about it. That's all.  HeadButt

Online Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 04:42:55 AM »
I do feel the need to add that I do not expect other people stop shopping at chewy for that reason,  just because I have.  I have to go with my own personal feelings about it. That's all.  HeadButt

It will matter less and less as I make more of my own food.  We're fortunate to have a lovely pet supply store here, one of a smaller, regional chain called Hollywood Feed, where I can get other things I need.  When I quit Chewy, I will be sure to tell them why, and how much I regret it.  It's a shame.  One of the things that impressed me most about them was that, if for some reason, my pets didn't like something I ordered, they didn't even ask that it be returned for a refund.  They just said to donate it to the shelter.  But Hollywood gives a lot of stuff to shelters and rescues, as well, and they host adoption events every weekend. 

Tags:

'Hare