Author Topic: Are we a world of wimps now or what?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Are we a world of wimps now or what?
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:06:54 PM »
When did "less than an inch of snow over night" become "heavy snow" with a warning and "special weather statement" and "hazardous weather" attached to it?

That's the forecast for tonight.  "hazardous weather warning" , heavy snow, then it goes on to say less than an inch accumulation.  Silly7

Oh and Sunday night, into Monday morning?  We got about 3 inches or less.  Every school in the area closed.  Bizarre!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Are we a world of wimps now or what?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »
Y'all are starting to have Southern meteorologists from here that predict things the way they do down here because that's what happens down here when we get even a half-inch?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 11:35:19 PM »
Tell you what, we get an inch down here everything will shut down funny2 (yes I know you live up north where snow is no big deal, and it's no big deal to me because I learned in the snow but still)
Brandon

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:06:40 AM »
Tell you what, we get an inch down here everything will shut down funny2 (yes I know you live up north where snow is no big deal, and it's no big deal to me because I learned in the snow but still)

Yes I remember!  But down there you don't have the equipment for it.  I've lived it Texas twice and both times I had the enjoyment of snow.  Even in Houston!

When I was a little girl and lived in Lewisville, TX (for 3 years of my childhood before moving to NY) there was a light snowfall one morning, but we (coming from PA) thought nothing of it and my mother drove us to school (usually we walked) to find the school closed and not a soul in sight.

Then when I was an adult (early 20s) and living in Houston we had snow and the entire city shut down.  It was pretty cool. I have pictures somewhere.

And Brandon I am sure you remember hwo casually snow was taken in Alaska!  funny2

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 08:13:31 AM »
Shooooot, 20 inches? Hope you got a 4x4 cuz you still better be in class funny2
Brandon

Tags: