Author Topic: I saw Queen Eva in the litter box today  (Read 258 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I saw Queen Eva in the litter box today
« on: July 30, 2017, 08:16:49 AM »
Queen Eva is very private about her toileting habits.  I've caught a glimpse now and then and she does have some funny habits stemming I suspect from her early beginnings with never a clean litter box to use.

I've seen her prop herself up on the corner of a box (keeping her feet out of the box) to both poop and pee.  I never knew if she does this all the time or not, but now I have to assume not.

This morning I was down there with Mazy cat.  Mazy cat peed, then jumped in the other box to poop, but decided there wasn't enough litter in it for her liking.  So she got out and waited for me to top up the litter. (the boxes were clean, just not topped up). She then hopped back in and started digging around.

Queen Eva came over and I guess she couldn't wait because she ignored Mazy cat in the other box and, ignored me and went about her business.  First she busily dug all the litter to a neat pile on one end of the box. (Mazy cat, instead of pooping, was watching this too)

Then she turned around and pulled that pile down and dug it all to the other end of the box.  Then she pulled it all down until it was all flat and evenly distributed, like it had been in the beginning. All this was done very energetically, and she was clearly concentrating deeply on her task.

When she went into her squat I politely turned my back, but couldn't resist a peek just to see if she was going to get up on a corner.  She did not, she had placed herself right in the middle of the box.

When she was done she covered it up with a few efficient strokes of the paw, jumped down and trotted off.

I looked at Mazy cat, still sitting in the other box and she said "Prrt!"  I said "indeed!".

Just then Jennie came thumping down and sat on the stool leading to the boxes.  At this point I guess Mazy cat decided it was just too busy for her and she left without pooping at all, taking her circuitous route to avoid Jennie..  Since she isn't really due for a poop until this afternoon, I didn't worry about it.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: I saw Queen Eva in the litter box today
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »
That is funny about Mazy cat watching Queen Eva and then making her comments.  :)

I do find it interesting... the different habits of different cats.  Gotta wonder what goes on in his/her heads.  Some of mine, jump in and do their business... get out.  Others... lots of thought and getting the litter just rrrrrright goes into the process.  Some have to have privacy, while others don't care who might be watching. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: I saw Queen Eva in the litter box today
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »
Well Mazy cat is the original Litter Box Police in this house.  Queen Eva took on Deputy rank since she's been here, but Mazy cat has always taken her litter box supervision duties seriously.  Darn..I have lots of stories but I'm just too tired tonight. Watch this space!

Tags:

'Hare