Author Topic: Emotional Support Peacock Denied Flight at Newark Airport  (Read 510 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Emotional Support Peacock Denied Flight at Newark Airport
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
So, yes. This happens when people start taking things too freaking far.

A colorful scene took place as a woman tried to board her emotional support peacock on a recent flight departing from Newark Liberty International Airport, according to reports.

The unidentified woman alleged she bought a second ticket for her emotional support peacock, but United Airlines refused to let the bird board the flight on Friday, Live and Let’s Fly reports.

Continued at: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Tries-to-Board-Emotional-Support-Peacock-on-Flight-in-Newark-Airport-Report-471813614.html
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
Re: Emotional Support Peacock Denied Flight at Newark Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »
So, yes. This happens when people start taking things too freaking far.

Continued at: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Tries-to-Board-Emotional-Support-Peacock-on-Flight-in-Newark-Airport-Report-471813614.html

I understand that there are people who really do benefit from an emotional support animal - veterans with PTSD come to mind first, but...a peacock?  They are gorgeous, but don't they have a well-deserved reputation for being loud and MEAN?  Not to mention, I cannot imagine that a trip like this would be good for the bird. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Emotional Support Peacock Denied Flight at Newark Airport
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »
I understand that there are people who really do benefit from an emotional support animal - veterans with PTSD come to mind first, but...a peacock?  They are gorgeous, but don't they have a well-deserved reputation for being loud and MEAN?  Not to mention, I cannot imagine that a trip like this would be good for the bird. 

From my POV, these people with the 'wacky' support animals are just wanting attention. That might sound mean, but it's my belief, and people aren't going to change my mind. There was a news story a couple of years ago about some woman bringing a Turkey on board a plane. I'm sorry, but it's just not okay with me. Birds and reptiles are a couple of the most salmonella-ridden animals around. I don't want them around me.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: