Author Topic: A new complete supplement! - FoodFurLife  (Read 13875 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: A new complete supplement!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
By the way (posted on FFL last night):

Jennie and Queen Eva (no health issues) had their first meal with EZcomplete today. Chicken breast chunks and EZ, with just a little water.

Well Queen Eva gets little chunks, and I mixed her EZ and water all together. Jennie prefers hers in one big chunk, so I did her a little differently.

I gave her the EZ gravy first, and after she lapped that all up I gave her the chunk of chicken breast. (this is the same way she gets a PMR meal. She gets the calcium, fresh liver, powdered pancreas, probiotic and taurine first, and after she finishes that, she gets her chunk)

Anyway, usually even after she eats all that, she hangs around begging for more to eat. It doesn't matter how much she is fed, she has food anxiety and always wants more. Oddly, after her EZ gravy and chicken breast chunk, she did NOT hang around looking for more. She stayed in the kitchen of course, since I was still in there (Mazy takes three servings to have a full meal), but curled up on the chair instead of getting under my feet and begging.

It was obvious she loved it.  Could it be she just felt satisfied after a meal, for the first time in her life?

Hmmmmm....

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »
I still don't plan to use it exclusively though. My idea is to replace canned meals with plain meat and EZcomplete.

This way they still get all their variety.  While the EZ is obviously highly palatable, I don't want all their meals to taste the same.  And...I just prefer a number of sources.

I hope to keep the Rad Cat going, especially for Mazy cat, though I am not hearing good things about the new HHP batches. I have a feeling RC is going to lose a lot of long time customers over this.  Of course they will then get new customers who have no comparison t make, but it makes me sad they've caved this way, given in to the fear of the FDA.

Jennie and Queen Eva will continue to have Stella & Chewy's freeze dried, and the frozen rabbit, in rotation also.

I will also continue with some PMR meals, with liver and alnutrin egg shell calcium, because they love those meals too.

That makes total sense.  I'm just in absolute awe that you're getting Mazy on all-raw.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:36 AM »
All is still well. She has had her supper (Rad Cat chicken) ate with normal appetite, no crouching indicative of tummy ache, no regurgitation.  I realize it's early days but I am in tears here, tears of joy and hope. Tomorrow she will have another small meal of cornish hen and EZ.

Thank you Pookie!

I can SO understand!  I'm thrilled FOR you.

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 06:58:10 PM »
On Sunday I gave her another small meal with the Cornish hen and EZcomplete, but forgot what I was doing or who I was feeding or something,  and gave her too large a portion with chunks too big.  She wolfed it down and then promptly brought it back up.

I waited a half an hour, then prepared the same meal again, but this time I cut it very fine and served small portions spaced 10 minutes apart.  It all stayed down, including everything she ate the rest of the day and night.

I skipped EZcomplete yesterday, just giving her her usual meals of Rad Cat for all four breakfast meals (used to be 5 when it was part canned!) canned for lunch, canned for supper pre-meal and Rad Cat for supper and bed time.

Tonight (like I did the other day I will just post what I shared on the Food Fur Life page):

Here's our update! Mazy cat had .55 oz Cornish hen (organic non-GMO) with the appropriate amount of EZcomplete for her supper pre-meal.

I cut the meat very fine, and served it in 4 portions 10 minutes apart. (from 4:40-5:10)After eating she thundered around the house with Queen Eva, then played Chase the Red Dot downstairs for a few minutes, then played leap-after-the-tossed-up-in-the-air-scribble-scrabble for a few minutes.

After she was done playing I did some household chores and got things ready for my own supper (though I don't eat until after they do)

Then it was time for Queen Eva and Jennie to have their Games, while Mazy cat watched.  At 6:30 it was supper time.  Mazy cat had chicken breast and liver tonight (organic non-GMO).  Supplements were egg shell calcium, taurine, 1/4 capsule of s. boulardii and 1/4 capsule of pork pancreas. Her total meal was 1.2 oz, fed in 3 servings of .45, then 15 minutes later .45 again, then a half hour later .3 oz. As always, the meat was cut very fine.

There was no crouching.  There was no urping.  There was no regurgitation.  I really do think she is going to be able to tolerate the EZcomplete.

PS..the .45 oz of raw at a time is fairly new.  Up until very recently she was unable to eat more than .3 oz of anything at a time.  But after I went from 50/50 raw/canned to 80/20 raw/canned she started to be able to handle larger servings of raw.

bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »
multistars multistars multistars

Yay Mazy Cat!  Yay MC!!!!

multistars multistars multistars

(I just realized, you and Mazy Cat have the same initials!)   ;D

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 04:45:44 AM »
Thanks!  I know isn't it exciting?

LOL about the initials!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
Another night identical to the previous one on2/23/16.

I think finding the organic non GMO chicken and cornish hen, and the EZcomplete, are going to be Mazy cat's answer.  Especially now with the Rad Cat going HPP...I may decide to just give it up all together. Though it does leave Mazy cat without a third protein.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 07:20:21 PM »
Sounds like everything is going great!  YAY!!   dance1

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
Sounds like everything is going great!  YAY!!   dance1

Double "YAY!!"  I'm so glad it's working out!   tiggerbounce coolgif2 dancingbanana

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
Thanks you guys.  I couldn't be more thrilled with this. Spread the word please, I want them to stay in business, because I think this is what is going to save Mazy cat.

Food Fur Life - Home

https://www.facebook.com/FoodFurLifeforPets/

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »
I just want to say, I SO admire you for everything you have done and continue to do for Mazy, and for persisting in finding foods/supplements she can tolerate to get even more raw in her diet.  You inspire me, and I am in awe.

DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Thanks Pookie.  Mazy cat is having the EZcomplete in one meal every day now.

I've got some disappointing news though, no one is carrying the Coleman chicken thighs anymore, they just don't sell around here.  so far I can still get the breasts (and the roaster for myself and for Mazy cat's liver)

The thigh meat of course is higher in nutrition than the breast, plus it gives me a third protein, sort of..

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »
Do you have any better than average type of grocery stores... Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc? 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »
Nothing like that.  Nearest Whole Foods is about 100 miles away.  Next time I go up that way to visit a family member I guess I could check it out.

I've been browsing the farm lists again.  I may have to resort to something like that.

I just am nervous about that because I don't...trust ...well.  These local (relatively speaking) farmers may say they are "organic" but who knows if they are telling the truth.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: A new complete supplement! - FoodFurLife
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Since this can also be used with cooked meats, I was thinking...
I could buy a duck, whole chicken, cornish hen, etc.  Boil the meat off the bone, grind it, and then add FoodFurLife. 
The furkids all eat raw, but this would be something pretty decent to add to our mealtime rotation.   
A lot of raw feeders will probably see it as taking a step backwards.  My thinking is that it would allow me more options, as far as where I buy meat. 
The reason I want to boil the meat off the bone, is to kill any POSSIBLE bacteria that COULD be on meat purchased at the local grocery store. 

Edit:  MUST save cooking juices.  Read more detailed info at www.foodfurlife.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 08:42:49 PM by Lola »