Author Topic: AK49BWL - YouTube Channel  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
AK49BWL - YouTube Channel
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
How is this area, for now?    :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/AK49BWL
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:15:25 AM by Lola, Reason: Added link »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: AK49BWL - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »
Works for me! So here I go...

My channel caters mostly toward cats (obviously - just look at the background image :D) that I spend time with at my local animal shelter here in Anchorage, Alaska - I'm a volunteer there and have been for the last three years... Possibly the best thing I've ever done with my life, as it's gotten me so many different places I never thought I'd be, including here :)

As of September 2011, I'm officially over 1000 video uploads, though my subject range is quite.. Out there, lol, covers everything - though mostly cats and technology, lately I've been getting into video blogging, which is quite fun! Takes forever to edit though haha funny2

Maybe you've seen some of these, maybe not, but here are some of my favorite videos from my channel:: Warning, some of these videos might make your cats go insane ;)

-- Spent a lot of hours on these two... Particularly the second one, as that was also my 1000th video marker.

-- My most popular video to date

-- The most awesome kitten I've ever had the privilege to stay with (catsitting.. There's no better substitute to having one of your own when you simply can't.)

Hrmmm, auto-embed. Wasn't expecting that Doh1 - Uses completely the wrong dimensions too... Okay, I'll work around it...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:14:00 AM by Lola, Reason: fixed the links »
Brandon

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »
I can vouch, the videos are great! I knew Brandon when he was first talking about volunteering at the shelter.  My
 one claim to fame  :D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:17:40 AM »
In the 4th video, there is a brush-like scratcher.  A friend had one.  I haven't been able to find one EXACTLY like it.  Any ideas?
Loved that (all of them actually) video, by the way.
Turned down the sound...Cats and dogs here went crazy.
How often do you have to clean cat boogers off the camera lens?  lol
The cats in all the videos are all sooooo adorable!  Some made me smile, go awwww, and/or laugh out loud.
You are soooooo loving and kind to them all.   :-*
Tell us more about the shelter and your work there.  What got you interested in cats and volunteering?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:32:13 AM by Lola »

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
In the 4th video, there is a brush-like scratcher.  A friend had one.  I haven't been able to find one EXACTLY like it.  Any ideas?

I've had a couple people ask me about that scratcher.. She got it at Walmart a good 10 years ago, doesn't know where you could find them now.. I assume you're talking about this?

How often do you have to clean cat boogers off the camera lens?  lol

All the time :D

Tell us more about the shelter and your work there.  What got you interested in cats and volunteering?

I've always been a cat person.. Started around 2000 with my best friend next door neighbor who had around 10 cats total, 4 outdoor, 6 in. They could never get enough of me, nor me of them lol.. They were just so sweet. Then as for volunteering, that started because one of my friends who worked with me at the time had three cats who I always wanted to be around.. So he recommended the shelter since I couldn't be around all the time, lol. History made... Though the regular video-ing came nearly 6 months later. My first volunteer day was December 13, 2008... Jeez, doesn't seem like it was that long ago funny2
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:58:39 AM by Lola, Reason: NO cheating! :P »
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
Yes, that is the one.  
I checked a bazillion places...online and off.  (not Wally World, of course.  >:D)
If I had any talent at all, bet it wouldn't take much to make one.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:19:50 AM by Lola »

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
lol. I appended my post -- forgot to answer the other questions lol
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »

I've always been a cat person.. Started around 2000 with my best friend next door neighbor who had around 10 cats total, 4 outdoor, 6 in. They could never get enough of me, nor me of them lol.. They were just so sweet.

I can DEFINITELY see why cat would take to you!!!

Then as for volunteering, that started because one of my friends who worked with me at the time had three cats who I always wanted to be around.. So he recommended the shelter since I couldn't be around all the time, lol. History made...

funny2

Though the regular video-ing came nearly 6 months later. My first volunteer day was December 13, 2008... Jeez, doesn't seem like it was that long ago
thumbsup1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
lately I've been getting into video blogging

vlogging and Facebook...two things I do not like.  Facebook snoops and tracks too much, for my taste.  vlogging...I like to READ a blog.  Must be a generation thing.  I've turned into my mother...

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
vlogging and Facebook...two things I do not like.  Facebook snoops and tracks too much, for my taste.  vlogging...I like to READ a blog.  Must be a generation thing.  I've turned into my mother...
For Facebook you can lock it up pretty good for others not to see if needed. Mine is locked up pretty good from the outside world.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Yeah, but that doesn't stop them (facebook itself) from having all your info once you've put it there... Sometimes that IS a scary thought.

vlogging...I like to READ a blog.  Must be a generation thing.  I've turned into my mother...

Well I've got a blog too, but it hardly ever gets updated because I feel like I just use it to complain about the world LOL. I think better in speech than in writing.

http://www.ak49bwl.com/blog
Brandon

Tags: AK49BWL YouTube