Author Topic: Dog dies during grooming appointment at Petco, investigation underway  (Read 1075 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. (WPRI) — The dog owner brought her pet to the a Rhode Islane Petco last week to have his nails clipped, but when she went to pick him up, she learned he was dead. Now the Rhode Island SPCA and Middletown’s Animal Control officer are investigating.

The RISPCA said Ollie was a 5-year-old pug with no pre-existing medical conditions.

His owner told investigators she took Ollie to the groomers inside Petco and left to do a little shopping.

She said she checked on him once, but left again because the clipping wasn’t done. When she returned the second time, she told investigators Ollie was on the floor and technicians were kneeling beside him.

The cause of Ollie’s death has yet to be determined. The dog is being sent for a necropsy and the investigation is ongoing.

Continued at: http://kron4.com/2017/03/27/dog-dies-during-grooming-appointment-at-petco-investigation-underway/

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dog dies during grooming appointment at Petco, investigation underway
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
That seems to happen quite a bit.  Not to dog (no pun intended) the groomers, but they don't get much training.  I knew someone (a long time ago) that was a groomer at PetCo. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Dog dies during grooming appointment at Petco, investigation underway
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
That seems to happen quite a bit. 

I know. There's no telling what kind of people they're hiring, and I think they should have to go through the came kind of checks as childcare workers are supposed to have.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: