Author Topic: The World Went Crazy In Middle TN today. . .  (Read 3074 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
The World Went Crazy In Middle TN today. . .
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/Police-Respond-To-Reported-Shooting-In-Antioch-320794041.html

CREATED 1:48 PM - UPDATED: 3:02 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Police have confirmed the death of the suspect in an active shooter situation in Antioch at a movie theater.

A heavy police presence was seen at 901 Bell Road, the Carmike 8 movie theater, located near the Global Mall at the Crossings.

In a press conference, authorities said they responded around 1:15 p.m. Wednesday to the report of a gunman armed with a gun and a hatchet.

Active shooter situation @ Hickory 8 Theater -- suspect dead

They detonated the guy's backpack not long ago b/c the police "were uncomfortable with what was in it."
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The World Went Crazy In Middle TN today. . .
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
So many senseless shootings lately.  People... 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:04:26 PM »
It almost feels ... Orchestrated. Yeah, call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, the signs are there.
Brandon

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:01:26 AM »
^^^ its monkey see..monkey do!!  bangshead
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:31:48 AM »
^^^ its monkey see..monkey do!!  bangshead

Yep. Give one crazy an idea, and it spreads. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I blame it a lot on the ACLU, and their stance that people that should be aren't locked up in mental facilities anymore. People report people for being a danger to themselves and others, but nothing is ever done.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »
It almost feels ... Orchestrated. Yeah, call me a conspiracy theorist, but come on, the signs are there.

My sense was that he did that because he wanted to be shot and killed.  He had to know the cops would be there immediately, and since the gun wasn't real . . . he had to know what would happen.  Just my own theory.

I hope the people who were injured make a full recovery.  Thankfully, no one else was killed.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »
They just opened the theater again this evening--but no Mad Max showing, and a big police presence there.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 12:58:38 AM »
My sense was that he did that because he wanted to be shot and killed.  He had to know the cops would be there immediately, and since the gun wasn't real . . . he had to know what would happen.  Just my own theory.

I hope the people who were injured make a full recovery.  Thankfully, no one else was killed.

The gun was real. No it wasn't a firearm, but it could still be used to kill.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »
An explanation of Air Soft guns:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft_gun
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »

He was shooting it. It hit a police officer, and had the officer backing up from the area.

Officer Jonathan Frith, a six-year veteran, was the first policeman to see Montano. Frith said Thursday that he and other officers first went into a projection room and then went down into the theater.

"Just by pure chance I went to the left, and immediately upon entering the theater I was engaged by, with what I perceived to be small arms fire from small-caliber handgun," Firth said.

He said he heard three small pops and felt "pressure on the right side of his face." He then fired a shot from his rifle toward the suspect.

"The movie was still paying, and all I could see was a silhouette," the officer said. Frith backed out the theater door, but he and three other officers who arrived first kept Montano in the theater.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/06/nashville-movie-theater-shooting/31204681/

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

My bad.   :-[
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
A lot of kids get them around here for their first guns. My sons had BB guns, but nothing as strong as what they've got out on the market today.

I've seen the variable pressure ones actually be pumped up enough to enter the bark of a pine tree behind paper targets. Stick a nail in the hole, and it will go down an inch into the hole that the pellet made.

If you're going to get those newer ones, you might as well go ahead and give them a .22 for Christmas.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:49 AM »
The sad part about that last statement is, that's exactly what my parents did for me on my 10th birthday. And yet I had, and still have, the good sense not to go shooting people
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »
Most of us that raised kids with guns around actually raised kids with some common sense. Otherwise our common sense would have told us to keep y'all away from them.

Tags: