Author Topic: Green Lippen Mussell  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Green Lippen Mussell
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »
Sprinkled a little GLM over Mazy cat's supper today.  Just the tiniest bit.  She went crazy for it.  It has a pretty strong smell. So that's one good thing.  Now to see how her system handles it.  Of course I will being doing it extremely slowly.  By the time she's on a full dose and getting the benefit winter will be almost over.

Apparently it can take up to two months to begin to help with arthritis. And I've read it is recommended to start with a double dose, a loading dose, for the first few weeks, to hasten the benefit.  But of course I can't do that with Mazy cat.

1000 mg is a very small scoop, but still Ive got to start tiny with her.

I am using this brand:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAZRKJO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I posted here in supplements to introduce the GLM topic, but I will continue updates is Mazy cat's usual thread.

http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=4412.0

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Green Lippen Mussell
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »
Crossing fingers and toes that she tolerates it and it helps!  I'm glad she seems to like it.   thumbsup1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »
Mazy cat is up to half a scoop but she is getting a little urpy after, with that amount.

About an hour after she has the small meal with 1/2 scoop she starts burping and doing that swallowing, licking lips thing.  It passes after a few minutes. I wonder if it would be okay to split the dose, once she is up to full dose.  Anyone know?

Will it be as effective if she gets it twice a day instead of all at once?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »
As long as they get the right amount, it's fine to split it. It's not some kind of pain-drug that's going to depend on absolute dose as directed.

Most joint supplements have the daily allowances split into 2 meals.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
Thank you Dee!  I'm probably increasing it too quickly, and need to slow down. On the other hand the EZcomplete does contain GLM, so it's not a completely new thing to her.

She's very urpy this morning and I gave her a pepcid dose to stop the "hot burps" (what one of my former consumers calls heartburn)

Later I think I'll give her a little extra SEB too. I could have just done the SEB to start but I was afraid she would just bring it all back up.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
Just a friendly reminder to give her the Rescue Remedy today, since you're friend is coming over.

I hope Mazy feels better soon!  Maybe she needs some ACV with the GLM?   :-\  I agree with DeeDee; I don't think spreading the dose across meals would be a problem.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »
Thanks Pookie. Yep, RR is on the menu for Mazy cat today.  HeadButt

The ACV is a good idea! I'll try it.

Lola, can you fix my thread title?  I just noticed it says "green lippen mussel" and mussel is spelled wrong too.

Tags: