Author Topic: SNL's Blue River Dog Food--ROFLMAO!  (Read 1803 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
SNL's Blue River Dog Food--ROFLMAO!
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: SNL's Blue River Dog Food--ROFLMAO!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
They kinda make a good point... feeding carp food, that was THOUGHT to be good.  Having been there... not laughing much. 
BUT maybe, something like this, will get people to read labels.  ??

Just my two cents.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »
You really know that something has become a cultural thing when one of the comedy shows does a skit on it. Maybe this has come about from the Hill's snit about Blue Buffalo hurting their feelings? Who knows. Maybe Blue Buffalo had to tell SNL to hold off on airing a commercial until they have a new one made that names names even less?

I still find it funny that they have hit so many of my feelings about the carp these companies have given to some of our former pets, and just like her, we believed it. I can honestly say I've been in a similar situation, and it's funny to me because I see myself and hubs in that.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
I'm not dogging you in ANY way... just to be clear.  :)
Maybe I'm more "sensitive," or took it more personally.  Maybe I have no sense of humor!  lol
What I felt...  banging my head against the wall, after finding out a food I thought was good... wasn't.  Being ticked that I was so easily duped.  Being pizzed that the carp food HURT my pet... in the long run.  Ticked that the PFI can legally totally BS the public, with BS pictures and BS "facts" on their labels. 

On the flip side, I do think that this is good...being brought to the attention of mannnny. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: