Author Topic: Wonder if this would work for cats?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Wonder if this would work for cats?
« on: February 03, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »
I have no clue in heck how I got to this link, but the WTF moment made me start reading it. Then I thought about pets with digestive  problems and started wondering if Fecal Transplants would help them as well.

Fecal transplants relieve painful colitis, may someday treat obesity:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20150122-fecal-transplants-relieve-painful-colitis-may-someday-treat-obesity.ece

The disease is notoriously hard to treat, but fecal transplants can cure more than 90 percent of patients within a few days, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2013.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:43:31 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Wonder if this would work for cats?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
Well, if you're doing it the "home-made" way . . . I can only imagine the experience of trying to give a cat an enema.   funny2

To answer your question on a more serious note, I don't see why it wouldn't be an option worth trying.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Fecal Transplants for Cats
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
This information was in the latest IBDKitties newsletter:

I want to encourage those of you who have pets, cats or dogs, that are having gastric and GI problems to try a fecal transplant through Animal Biome. It’s being used a lot with the kitties in the group and having GREAT results. http://www.ibdkitties.net/donate/animalbiome/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:34:58 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Wonder if this would work for cats?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:18:13 PM »
 thumbsup1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: