Author Topic: Will His Claws Be Saved?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Will His Claws Be Saved?
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:01:33 PM »
PHIL MUST HAVE TONS OF FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK ! OK OK OK !!!!  I hear you loud and clear about the de-clawing thing. It's not too late and your making me totally rethink the whole process. That can wait. Give me a couple ideas on how to get him to stop scratching and I'll try it. Note: He has 10 scratch poles and never uses them. BUT he does have to have this Tumor on his leg removed today. Does anyone know what could cause a tumor on an 8 year old cat ?

https://www.facebook.com/CarmanLicciardello

Carman's Facebook fans rally!
fingerscrossed
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:14:05 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Will His Claws Be Saved?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
I can't figure out if he's NOT had any amputated yet, or if he's already had 2 of them on front amputated???
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »
I can't figure out if he's NOT had any amputated yet, or if he's already had 2 of them on front amputated???

He was considering the front paws.
When Carman first posted, I assumed the vet would do the declaw at the same time as the tumor removal.  Nope.  Thank GOODNESS!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
As far as the leg tumor, I was thinking vaccination area. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »
K. Thank you. I never could find the first post when it all first started.

And then I saw several comments about he hadn't done it yet, and then one that he'd had 2 removed. I couldn't figure it out.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »

K. Thank you. I never could find the first post when it all first started.

It is the first part on Carman's page.  It is pinned. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »
First post:

PHIL, THE 18 POUND GANGSTER, IS IN SURGERY TODAY ! Maybe you might have some insight on this one. After 8 years of peace love and happiness Phil decides he's going to rip up all the furniture with his claws. I got 10 different cat things he can scratch but only the best furniture will do. So after 12 months of sure-fire tricks to get him to stop have failed and a shredded couch and love seat, he's getting his front two paws declawed today. He's an indoor cat. But they also found a tumor on his left leg and have to remove it. When I pick him up he'll be unable to jump, hop and cause mayhem for 10 days. Plus he'll be on morphine too. I'm serious. I have to be his dealer / caregiver while he's high on drugs. Has anyone gone through this with your cat or understand why, after 8 years out of the blue, he would become obsessed with the furniture ?

Carman edited that post:
PHIL MUST HAVE TONS OF FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK ! OK OK OK !!!! . I hear you loud and clear about the de-clawing thing. It's not too late and your making me totally rethink the whole process. That can wait. Give me a couple ideas on how to get him to stop scratching and I'll try it. Note: He has 10 scratch poles and never uses them. BUT he does have to have this Tumor on his leg removed today. Does anyone know what could cause a tumor on an 8 year old cat ?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
Ohhhh...I saw the edited version, but not the first.

Tags: