Author Topic: Lola and her dental cleaning...  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Lola and her dental cleaning...
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:47:31 AM »
Not being able to feed her breakfast...   :( It isn't like we can explain, to her, WHY.  She just kept looking at us and mewing.  Heartbreaking.

She has gingivitis.  Had one tooth resorption. I can't imagine the pain she must have been in! I was surprised her mouth was/is in such bad shape...especially for her age.  She is 5. 

The vet told me not to be surprised, if she wasn't interested in eating.  She INHALED her food.  I gave her several small spoonfuls, over a period of time.  I wasn't sure how much her tummy could handle at once...didn't want her barfing.  She is back to normal meals this morning. 

She isn't her usual self, but she seems to be doing fairly good.  She is sitting in my lap, as I type.  :) 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Lola and her dental cleaning...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
Well for goodness sake, did we know that was going to happen today?  I would have wished her well and been thinking about her all day if I'd known!  Resoprtive lesions have no prerequisites as far as age or anything else.  My Tolly suffered terribly from them.  He only had a couple of teeth left when he went to be an Angel.

Glad she's feeling so much better already.  She'll be a new cat without that painful tooth!

bananamiddlechild

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Lola and her dental cleaning...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Lola had her pre-dental testing done on the 23rd.  The procedure was scheduled for yesterday, at that time. 
I was pretty worried about the whole deal.  I guess ... I guess I didn't want to jinx her, or something equally wacky.   Bumpurr1
Her test results were good.  She has age on her side.  A bazillion pets have the same procedure done daily.  But...   

I never said I was a sane person.  :)

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: