Author Topic: Dr. Jeff's Wife Petra Said. . .  (Read 6264 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Dr. Jeff's Wife Petra Said. . .
« on: April 22, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
Dr Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet's wife Petra just said on Season 3, Episode 5 that cats aren't supposed to eat grains because it causes kidney stones.

Yeah. I heard her say that! She actually says "the problem with commercial diets."

You have to give them your TV provider, but if you have Xfinity or something, you can see it here. It starts the story about the cat at about 16:29, but you have to sit through a long spiel of commercials. Where she says it is at about 19:40:

https://www.animalplanetgo.com/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet/born-to-run/

All of the 3rd season can be found here if you scroll down:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:46:56 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Dr. Jeff's Wife Petra Said. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
My mother watches that show, and I watch it with her when I'm there.  I don't get that channel with my service.  But more than once I've heard various members at Dr. Jeff's clinic recommend wet food over dry for cats, esp. if the cat came in with a blocked ureter or major bladder stones.  I don't remember if I've heard them specifically mention grain-free, but that's great that Dr. Petra did!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Dr. Jeff's Wife Petra Said. . .
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »
I have no clue how long it will stay up, but here it is in youtube:

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: