Author Topic: Metacam For Dogs  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Metacam For Dogs
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Lacy is on the mend.  I'll post more later.  Meanwhile, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.  Thanks everyone. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
There is a HUGE difference between a squabble, and one dog intending to kill the other.  It was brutal. 
In our gut, we feared the day would come.  There was a very sweet side to Sparky.  And as long as there was hope… 

We had to give up that hope.  It wasn't "just" this fight.  It was the combination of many things. 

There are a lot of mixed emotions going on, in our heads. 

For Lacy...Stitches come out this week.  Swelling is 99% gone.  Bruising is a lot less.  Her body is healing pretty good.  Her spirit…  will take a bit of time. 

Home after surgery:

Doing MUCH better:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:45:00 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »
Thanks for the update Lola.  I'm so glad to know Lacy is doing better physically.  I imagine the emotional wounds will take longer.  Is there any specific way to help her?

I'm glad Sparky was with you, it's awful to think what her life might have been like without someone less caring and willing to work with her. Was she a rescue? Do you know her story? Or dfid she just have a "wire loose" in her brain?

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:33 AM »
Awwww, poor Lacy baby.  I just want to give her luvs and hugs.   grouphug

HangInThere
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
Once again… thanks everyone.   :-*  The last two weeks have been pretty awful… for all involved.  Sometimes I wish I was "tougher."  It would make digging myself out of the depression hole a lot easier… I think. 
Anyway, enough whining.
Took Lacy back to the vet yesterday to have her stitches removed.  She cried the entire time we were in the waiting room.  Never had her, or any dog, do that.  She was fine, once she was in a room.
We saw a bit of blood on the worse wound, a day ago.  Apparently, Lacy took her own stitches out.  We never saw a lot of licking or anything, so I was surprised.  That particular wound was only stitched half way up.  Something to do with how deep it was and to allow whatever to ooze out. 
Anyway, the vet said she healed well.  She is a litttttttle concerned about her thyroid gland.  Her hair (that was shaved) should have grown back in by now... at least some of it.  Lack of hair growth, her weight should be a lot less (considering the kind and amount), and her age.... all possible attributes/signs to a thyroid problem.  Going to wait a few weeks and then have her thyroid gland checked, if things are still the same. 
She needs a rabies shot.  I'll probably have the thyroid test done, when I take her for her rabies shot… if both can be done at the same time.  I'll probably go back to our regular vet also.
Picked up Sparky's ashes.  They came in a really nice small cedar chest, with her name and date of passing.  I was surprised it was so nice, because I paid a LOT less than I paid for Mollie at Banfield... mannnnnny years ago. 
Did I mention there was the option to WATCH Sparky being cremated?  I guess some people like to - to know it is their pet.  To each their own.  Mass cremation was also an option.  I picked single cremation.  I can live with not knowing if they were honest or not.  Heck, we don't reallllllly know that people are honest with humans! 
Soooooo, Sparky is "home" and Lacy is doing good… time to pull my head out of my asp.   :D

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »
Thanks for the update Lola.  Love you.  HeadButt :-*

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
 grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Tags: