Author Topic: GoDaddy goes from tasteless to completely unacceptable  (Read 1752 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
GoDaddy goes from tasteless to completely unacceptable
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/godaddy-pulls-super-bowl-ad-after-complaints-about-puppy-mill-humor-162590

On the same day it released its 2015 Super Bowl ad online, GoDaddy quickly responded to a wave of criticism from dog advocates and said it would not air the spot on the game.

The 30-second ad featured a golden retriever puppy finding its way home after falling out of a truck, only to find its owner has used GoDaddy to set up a website that lets her promptly sell the dog to a new owner. The ad seemed to be an attempt at satirizing Budweiser's highly anticipated "Lost Dog," a follow-up to 2014 Super Bowl favorite "Puppy Love."

Only in the puppy-mill world do babies get treated THAT callously. There have been plenty of "OMG. Seriously?" moments for me from GoDaddy in the past few years. But this one is just beyond the pale. Am so glad I don't have to see it more than this once.

I truly didn't know there were as many hosting sites as are showing up in the #Nodaddy #GoDaddyPuppy hashtags.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%20%23NoDaddy%20%20%23GoDaddyPuppy&src=typd

As so many have pointed out on various sites, the Lucy Bowl should be run instead of GoDaddy. Maybe GoDaddy should have to pay for it running somewhere other than the Kitten Bowl, because that's where Lucy Bowl is supposed to debut.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:34:09 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
Re: GoDaddy goes from tasteless to completely unacceptable
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »
GoDaddy was in the news for a tastless commercial with an elephant a while back. I never liked them anyway and hope that everybody switches their sites to someone else.

Read this this morning which fits to the GoDaddy spot
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4330314.ece?linkId=11883759
Because pets are family...

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
What the heck is GoDaddy? It sounds vile.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »
What the heck is GoDaddy? It sounds vile.

Website host that usually uses sex to sell space. The racer, Dannica Patrick, is their main spokeswoman. She was driving that van at the end of this puppy commercial.

Can't have websites without hosts though. GoDaddy's just more well-known/bigger than others.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
They are a dime a dozen
Because pets are family...

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
I still don't understand, but it doesn't matter.  An advertisement on prime time TV selling a web site that sells sex?  What does that have to do with dogs or BYB?  I didn't watch the video. Obviously.  So glad I don't watch TV!  funny2

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »
An advertisement on prime time TV selling a web site that sells sex? 

LMAO. No. They use sex to bring more attention to their web-hosting site. If you want to make a website, you either have to own your own server and keep it up and  running, OR you have to "rent" space for your website from a host. GoDaddy is a host.

Here's the actual GoDaddy Video for those that missed it or didn't read the article with it in it:

I can't give you a link to the normal type of commercial they have. Not in this category anyway.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:50:17 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »
I won't mention the name of the hosting company for this forum....  ;)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: