Author Topic: Got snow?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Got snow?
« on: November 21, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »
At least a foot, and still coming down.  funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2

Started yesterday morning.  Drive home was scary, visibility about zero. I missed the turn onto my road.  Had to keep going to the next one.  Almost missed that one too.

See down the walk by the bush?  I had to shovel into the yard because the bush never got trimmed and it's all hanging over my walk way.  I did shovel it at first, but realized I don't feel like ducking under a snow laden bush all winter, so I made a new path into the grass.

Caterina (car) is not parked down at the end because I parked facing toward the road down closer, so I can get out in the morning.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Got snow?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »
I took these yesterday when it was still pretty and fun instead of scary and deep.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »
I'm so glad I don't live up there. I think my last few brain cells would explode.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
It's pretty though. Just like Christmas cards. But still. No. Just. No.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 04:00:29 PM »
Well but, when you live here you kinda get used to it. It's scary driving mainly because most people drive like maniacs when the weather gets bad like this, afraid they might get there two minutes later or something.  It just appalls me how selfish people are, running red lights, cutting in, driving on the shoulder to by pass everyone else going 20 mph, it's really shocking.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »
It's pretty though. Just like Christmas cards. But still. No. Just. No.

I'll take blizzards over earthquakes, hurricanes and floods any day.  Of course we do get floods and tornadoes now and then, but I prefer the blizzard.  Ice now, ice I really hate.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:04:08 PM »
Well I wish we'd get some moisture so this drought and fires would quit. But I don't think I want it in that form. Your deeper photos look like it was here in January. Husband refused to leave to go to work. People were told to stay off the roads unless it was an emergency, and he didn't want to be on the roads with people crazy enough to ignore the deputies.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:05:12 PM »
I'll take blizzards over earthquakes, hurricanes and floods any day.  Of course we do get floods and tornadoes now and then, but I prefer the blizzard.  Ice now, ice I really hate.

Did you hear? Japan just had another earthquake 6 miles off the coast where the tsunami was. It was 7.3 scaled.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
The drought and fires....I would find that intolerable.  Smoke smells just make me so sick.  I know how to drive in snow.  But it's the rest of the drivers that scare me.  IDIOTS.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
Last weekend everyone around here was calling the fire station for smelling smoke. It was coming down here from Kentucky.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/smoke-from-wildfires-hangs-over-middle-tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Most of Middle Tennessee, along with other portions of the southeastern United States, experienced smoke and haze from wildfires across our area.

According to the National Weather Service, the smoke was from multiple wildfires in the Southeast.

They released satellite imagery showing the areas affected by the haze.

Image at link.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:00 PM »
I'll take blizzards over earthquakes, hurricanes and floods any day.  Of course we do get floods and tornadoes now and then, but I prefer the blizzard.

I'm right there with ya, MC.  But you can keep the snow up there, if you don't mind.  We need to end the drought here, but I prefer my precipitation less . . . frozen.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 04:54:05 AM »
Last weekend everyone around here was calling the fire station for smelling smoke. It was coming down here from Kentucky.

I would find that intolerable.

I'm right there with ya, MC.  But you can keep the snow up there, if you don't mind.  We need to end the drought here, but I prefer my precipitation less . . . frozen.

Looks like a few more inches fell overnight. And another inch or so coming today.

What I would give for a garage.....

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »
I would find that intolerable.

I didn't go outside much, or stay long when I did. We didn't go walking. There was a health advisory for people with allergies, asthma, etc. I DO love the smell of snow.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 11:50:10 AM »
What I would give for a garage.....

My garage was a big selling point for my condo.  It's so nice to not have to dig my car out when it snows, or scrape the frost off the windows . . .

Would one of those outdoor canopies help?  (I can't think of the correct term for them -- it's a tarp or something that's on a frame, like a portable carport).  Would your landlord allow you to have one?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
Would your landlord allow you to have one?

No.  I asked years ago.  :(

Tags: