Author Topic: Funny memory  (Read 558 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Funny memory
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:42:27 AM »
When I was in my 20s I worked as the office manager of a dentist office. Very busy place, 2 dentists, two locations, four hygienists.

We had this one family who had a lot of kids and the family members were frequent patients, so I was often calling and leaving messages on their answering machine.

It was the outgoing message that always made me laugh, and still makes me laugh when I think about it.

What I heard was the woman's calm voice saying the usual "we are unable to take your call at this time but please leave your message"...and she listed each of the the names in the household.

However in the background you can hear a man yelling...and near the end of the message you can hear his voice getting louder (closer?) clearly shouting "this house is a LITTERBOX"...as the woman goes serenely on with her message.

I wonder if any of their friends ever told them about it.  Maybe she knew and left it on there to embarrass the husband.  Who knows.  But it still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Funny memory
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2

Maybe it was planned. Never know what people will do with their answering machine messages.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Funny memory
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »
However in the background you can hear a man yelling...and near the end of the message you can hear his voice getting louder (closer?) clearly shouting "this house is a LITTERBOX"...as the woman goes serenely on with her message.

I'm imagining the woman finishing the message, then calmly turning to the man and saying, "You know I was recording the greeting for the answering machine just now, right?"   :P
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: