Author Topic: A FB post by Dr. Marty Becker  (Read 1390 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
A FB post by Dr. Marty Becker
« on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »
This is a post I saw in FB, and though the article says that there's a video, I don't get it coming up, and I'm not going to look it up because I've got a feeling that those that abuse animals would find it thrilling. Therefore, since it's not in the article, I don't want to put it here either. I hope this vet rots in hell.

Dr. Marty Becker's FB post:

I need all animal lovers to take action.

Veterinarians who abuse, terrify, and harm animals should be held to an even higher standard than non-vets, and suffer greater penalties, including NEVER being allowed to treat animals again.
That the College of Veterinarians of Ontario thought a few months' suspension was sufficient punishment for systemic, ongoing brutality to innocent, powerless pets is incomprehensible to me.
Please email inquiries@cvo.org and make it clear this is NOT an acceptable outcome for this hideous series of well-documented crimes against these animals, and this perversion of the veterinary profession.

'I was disgusted'; Ont. vet caught choking, punching animals
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario has suspended a St. Catharines veterinarian for professional misconduct after he was caught abusing animals.

About:

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/09/15/i-was-disgusted-ont-vet-caught-choking-punching-animals
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: A FB post by Dr. Marty Becker
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »
I saw this story the other day on City The Kitty's page.  There's a petition also:

DON'T READ IT. It's much more graphic than Dr Becker's.

https://www.change.org/p/college-of-veterinarians-of-ontario-permanently-revoke-dr-mahavir-singh-rekhi-s-license-to-practice?source_location=petition_footer&algorithm=promoted&grid_position=1

Tags: