Author Topic: ingredients YIKES!!  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
ingredients YIKES!!
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »
Ok check out this food, there is pig blood in this food!! catsterpuke
Then check out their Raw food patties there is Almond powder, and avocado powder amoung alot of other "powders" are not avocado, and almonds poisonous to cats?? WTH!!
http://www.natureslogic.com/products/cp_can_ch.html
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: ingredients YIKES!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:41:54 AM »
I wondered about this one (7th ingredient) too, Motmorillonite Clay  :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorillonite

Montmorillonite is the main constituent of the volcanic ash weathering product, bentonite.

Montmorillonite is used in the oil drilling industry as a component of drilling mud, ...Similar to many other clays, montmorillonite swells with the addition of water....The presence of sodium as the predominant exchangeable cation can result in the clay swelling to several times its original volume....Sodium montmorillonite is also used as the base of some cat litter products, due to its adsorbent and clumping properties
[/size][/size]

There are very few true 100% Montmorillonite clays.  Some Montmorillonite properties are found in different percentages in most clays. It has become a buzz word by association. It is often found in your Bentonites but also in Illites, Kaolins and Chlorites as well, all to different degrees.  [/size]
[/size][/size]

http://www.aboutclay.com/info/Articles/bentonite_montmorillonite.htm

Kinda OT but what's with these foods (in general now) that state "Low Carbohydrate" and avoid putting the actual %?, (along with alllll the other stats in the analysis?)  If they can state "Low" they ought to know just how low.  Doh1

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »
Good grief. Hopefully it cost's too much for anyone to actually buy it and feed it to their cats.

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »
Is this food for obese cats perhaps? Are they using Motmorillonite Clay to make cats feel fuller? If so that seems like a horrible thing to use!!!!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
Chicken ingredients list...for those that don't click on links  Bumpurr1

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Chicken Heart, Dried Egg Product, Porcine Plasma, Motmorillonite Clay, Cottage Cheese, Cod Liver Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Apple, Dried Apricot, Alfalfa Meal, Dried Artichoke, Dried Blueberry, Dried Broccoli, Dried Carrot, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Cranberry, Dried Kelp, Parsley, Dried Pumpkin, Rosemary, Dried Spinach, Dried Tomato, Egg Shell Meal.

http://www.natureslogic.com/products/cp_can_ch.html

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 11:51:58 AM »
Yuck stickouttongue

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
Just a comment on the clay thing, I know PEOPLE who eat it. I knew kids who brought it to school with them and munched on it during class. I don't remember all the details but they baked it in the over to sterilize it and said something about mineral content. I am not advocating it in a pet food, I just thought that was an interesting little factoid.

Tags: