Author Topic: Self grooming brush for cats  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Self grooming brush for cats
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »
Yes, that is the one.  
I checked a bazillion places...online and off.  (not Wally World, of course.  >:D)
If I had any talent at all, bet it wouldn't take much to make one.

Hmm...I found one on line for someone a couple of years ago.  I wish I could remember what forum I posted the link in.  I bet I can fiind it again though.

I used to have one (got it from fostersmith a gadzillion years ago) but had to get rid of it after my herpes boy came.  His first couple of years he was shedding virus a lot, and, as they ALL loved that brush thing, I worried about him passing it on, so I got rid of it.  They did all use it though, let me see.......

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Self grooming brush for cats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
Found it!

http://www.kittycatorganics.com/grooming/self-grooming-brush-for-cats-p-95.html

This seems to be the cheapest price (but don't know about shipping fees) though all the sites I looked at have the very same picture, the price went as high as $32 (with free shipping)  It's about $20 at the link above, but I didn't chekc on how much was shipping. I have never used either on line store.

I might get another now that I no longer have a herpes cat in the house.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
I lifted this subject from another thread.  Since it was sort of off topic over there, I thought I would post it here

It was this item that was under discussion, Brandon (AK49BWL) has one for his shelter cats (do I have that right, Brandon?).

I had one of these and my cats really liked it.  I have different cats now, but I wonder if the current gang would like it.  It's not in the budget now, but I think I'll add it to then "list" for the next time some disposable income presents itself.

Anyone else have one?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »
PS with my zip code the shipping for the $20.46 item in the store linked above would be $14.37, making the total price $34.83.  However when I did the shipping calculation and they gave me that $14.37 total, they told me that my total charge would be $35.85.  So I wonder where that extra $1.02 comes from?  Or is it a subtle rip off?

This site:

Has a "on sale today" price of $32.95 with "free shipping".

huh.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
Found it!

This seems to be the cheapest price (but don't know about shipping fees) though all the sites I looked at have the very same picture, the price went as high as $32 (with free shipping)  It's about $20 at the link above, but I didn't chekc on how much was shipping. I have never used either on line store.

I might get another now that I no longer have a herpes cat in the house.
THANKS!!! 
For me, the shipping is almost the same amount as the item.  I understand packaging and handling fees, but... will have to think it over.  I'm leaning towards no.  Not sure it is that cool.  lol 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
To completely confuse some, I merged all the posts on this topic.   8)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
Yeah, I was slightly confused on why you merged the first post and the one with the link... Someone reads my thread now, they won't find that link where it ought to be.. and now it's a duplicate post in this thread..

MC, the one I posted a picture of is owned by one of my friends (slave to the Catnip Explosion kitties :D), and was, until now, the only one I've ever seen lol
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:31 PM »
It seemed like a good idea to move posts, that were about the same subject, to the same area.  Didn't work out so well.  Poop happens.

Those brushes were a big thing a few (several?) years ago, but seem to have pretty much disappeared the last few years.  :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:33:20 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
PS with my zip code the shipping for the $20.46 item in the store linked above would be $14.37, making the total price $34.83.  However when I did the shipping calculation and they gave me that $14.37 total, they told me that my total charge would be $35.85.  So I wonder where that extra $1.02 comes from?  Or is it a subtle rip off?

huh.

I wrote to the company about this discrepancy and they fixed it.  they said the site was automatically charging for Virginia salestax, it was a glitch.  Have to wonder though how many people got over charged without knowing it before I reported it, <shaking head>

I'd like to get another one of those for my girls, but it's just not in the budget right now.  I saw an adorable watch on the animal rescue site with a kitty face that I want, too, but again, just not in the budget.  I've got to be strict with myself at least until I recover from my Sweet Boy's bills.  Cornell University Companion Animal Hospital is not cheap.  Especially  when they take you as an emergency.  I don't regret a penny spent, but that doesn't mean I don't have to live lean for a while.

Tags: