Author Topic: Clan of the Cave Bear books  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Clan of the Cave Bear books
« on: September 13, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »
These are about my favorite books.  Of all my favorites (and I do have a stack!) this series is one I could read every six months and never get tired of it.

However, I do worry that I would get tired of it so I am careful to limit myself to once every 2 years or so.

The first one, Clan of The Cave Bear, I feel I know by heart, I've read it so often, but..I still pcik up something new whenever I read it.

I've only read the last one "The Painted Caves" twice, so far.

I'm struggling with myself right now, trying not to start reading them again, I only just read them last year.  I don't want to spoil them for myself, but, oh I just love those books!

The first two (Clan, and then Valley of Horses) are my favorite then the fourth, Plains of Passage is also at the top of the list.  But I do love them all.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Clan of the Cave Bear books
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Read them!! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
Have them, read the first 3 (Valley of Horses is my favorite), tried to read the other 3 but just couldn't.  Sort of read Plains of Passage, but the other 2 . . . I don't know, they just didn't seem as good as the earlier books.  But I will occasionally re-read the first 2.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:28:28 PM »
Just finished them again a few weeks ago.  I like to start them on Christmas Day for some reason. Maybe because then I know when I read them last and can keep to once a year. Then just read them straight through.  I still get new insights from them every time.

Tags: