Author Topic: Mazy cat's arthritis  (Read 50038 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Mazy cat's arthritis
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »
Her movement improvement is just astounding.  Watching her turn back into the busy active cat she's always been is just an incredible experience for me. Multilevel jumping, you can see she is taking so much delight in being able to move freely again.

Today she has chosen to sleep in a bed she normally doesn't use.  In summer this is Queen Eva's bed and in Winter it is Jennie's bed.  (I do not know why, you'd have to ask them).  Only once in a very great while is this ever Mazy cat's bed.  But I am always happy to see her in it.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
Mazy cat is sleeping on my chest again.  As awkward as it is for me, I am thrilled that she can do it.  Not sure why she couldn't when the arthritis was bothering her so much, but glad she's back.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2017, 10:21:57 AM »
Mazy cat is sleeping on my chest again.

That's a happy cat!   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2017, 06:52:05 PM »
Goodness a week since updates.  Mazy cat's latest milestone is she is hangning her head and neck out the Crow's nest again. She started that last week.  She's active, but I haven't yet seen her really thunder around the house yet. 

I've gone ahead and ordered a human GLM supplement for msyelf.  I am not going to wait to finish the krill oil after all.  I was just remembering how much my hands and wrists hurt last year during tax and water collection. By April last year I was in agony.  Maybe I can avert that for myself this year.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »
I've gone ahead and ordered a human GLM supplement for msyelf.  I am not going to wait to finish the krill oil after all.  I was just remembering how much my hands and wrists hurt last year during tax and water collection. By April last year I was in agony.  Maybe I can avert that for myself this year.

Don't forget to do those arm/wrist stretches, too!   :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2017, 06:54:28 PM »
Another milestone.  Today at lunchtime Mazy cat jumped up on the freezer after she finished eating.  She hasn't been up there since summer.  And here she is sitting in the Perfect Cat position on the freezer for the first time in months!  I watched her do it, she had a little trouble on the edge, she  had to jump over her table to do it!!

She jumped down okay too, and did one of her one-two-three multilevel jumps!

By contrast the second picture was taken November 6, 2016.  One of the last times I observed her sitting that way,(until recently again of course).  I took that picture because I had observed the way she favored her right hind leg. See how the foot is sticking out a bit.  She's not really resting her weight on it, and, what you can't see from as still pic, is she was continually shifting the foot a little, re-positioning to keep her weight off it.  And then she stopped sitting like that at all.

I am really astounded at how the GLM works for her.  Just stunned. She is trotting around even more (as opposed to walking slowly or not wanting to move around) she continues to take great delight in multilevel jumping both up and down..and tonight Queen Eva rolled her and she didn't yelp.

It's the first time I've seen Queen Eva get rough with Mazy cat in a long while. I missed the beginning and I am half wondering if Queen Eva hadn't been as rough as I thought and Mazy cat had just done a bit of flop and roll instead.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:04 PM »
multistars multistars multistars

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
Mazy cat is sitting on the Notebook again!  That picture up above was taken in November and was the lat time she sat there until this past Thursday!  There is another milestone too, she THUNDERED AROUND THE HOUSE the other night!  Only for a short time and I haven't yet seen it again, but that's how it seems to go.  As she feels better and better, each time i see an old behavior resumed, I only see it once at first, and eventually she starts doing it regularly again.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
multistars multistars multistars

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »
THUNDERING AROUND THE HOUSE!!! Again tonight!  That's twice now, and this one was of a much longer duration, with multilevel jumps taken at a run included!!!!!!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »
Mazy cat is sitting on the Notebook again!

Mine sit on things like that also.  I wonder what the deal is.  One of these days, I'm going to leave a postage stamp on the counter...  Silly7

Anyway...  Sooooo glad Mazy is doing better!! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »
THUNDERING AROUND THE HOUSE!  And play play play!  Not every day. She rests in between.

But I am starting to see some physical changes with her increased activity.  I didn't realize how much muscle tone she had lost during the worst of her arthritis flare up over those two months before the GLM.  But looking at her sleek saunter, now I realize it.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
It's really interesting to watch this progression, and see that Mazy cat has learned to PACE HERSELF!

When she first started playing again she was so happy, so THRILLED, to be able to move and play without pain that I was afraid she would over do and be sore the next day, so I would limit the session to only a few minutes.

However watching her carefully I see she has learned her limits, she will play as long as she feels is right, then stop. She was skipping nights, playing every other night, or every second night, I mean for a few weeks.

Mostly she plays every night now, but I do notice on a night when she has thundered around the house and/or been airborne a lot, the next night she will only play quiet Games that don't involve a lot of moving.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2017, 04:42:42 PM »
I just makes me so happy to see Mazy cat trottrottrotting around the house again, instead of that slow painful walking.

Trottrottrottrottrot!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 :)

Tags: