Author Topic: Class Action Lawsuit Against Round-Up  (Read 783 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Class Action Lawsuit Against Round-Up
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
A commercial against RoundUp by Monsanto is being played all the time now in the past week.

They're suing them for patients with Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma

https://www.classaction.com/roundup-weed-killer/lawsuit/

Monsanto’s Roundup Weed and Grass Killer (or glyphosate) is the most popular herbicide in the world. It’s commonly believed to be one of the safest herbicides on the market; millions of agricultural workers, landscapers, and gardeners around the world use the product, innocent of its health risks.

Agricultural laborers and gardeners are filing lawsuits against Monsanto alleging that Roundup caused their non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Scientific studies show an association between the chemical and an increased risk of cancer, especially among those who come in direct contact with the product. More than 1,100 lawsuits have been filed throughout the country on behalf of agricultural laborers and gardeners suffering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after using glyphosate.

In January 2017, a California judge ruled that the state can require Roundup to carry a warning label that the weed killer may cause cancer, despite Monsanto’s failed attempt to appeal the decision. Monsanto, however, continues to misinform agency officials and the public about glyphosate’s safety, claiming that it is harmless to humans.

If you were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after using Roundup, contact our legal team for a free case review. You may be entitled to compensation.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Round-Up
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
Evil.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Round-Up
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
I think I have seen that commercial late at night.  After a certain hour, it seems all commercials are for lawsuits.  I tend to ignore them.  NOT saying the RoundUp isn't legit... just mentioning why I didn't pay attention to the details. 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: