Author Topic: Explosions at a Concert in Manchester England  (Read 1219 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Explosions at a Concert in Manchester England
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
Ariana Grande concert explosions: 'Number of confirmed fatalities,' police say

Explosions at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England caused a "number of confirmed fatalities and others injured," police said late Monday.

"Two loud bangs" were reported at approximately 10:45 p.m., just after the concert had finished. The cause of the blasts was not immediately confirmed.

A spokesman said Grande, who was performing at the arena as part of her "Dangerous Woman" world tour, was "okay" and added, "we are further investigating what happened."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/22/ariana-grande-concert-explosions-police-say-number-confirmed-fatalities.html
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Updates. . .Re: Explosions at a Concert in Manchester England
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »
I knew that concert last night wasn't targeting older people. That's a concert that tweens and teens want to see. Our world is crazy.

Thousands of pupils were evacuated in schools from Kent all the way up to Newcastle after a series of anonymous phone calls.

At one school, "repeated" calls warned of a bomb on site and that "the shrapnel will take children's heads off".

One teacher told Mirror Online that the caller had threatened to shoot pupils and detonate a bomb.

Another school official added that the message was pre-recorded and featured an American voice which looped three times over a minute and a half.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bomb-threats-across-uk-schools-8031639
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Explosions at a Concert in Manchester England
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »
Every time I see headlines on this I start to cry. It's just horrifying.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Explosions at a Concert in Manchester England
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »
I'm still dying inside. The ones targeted are ones the age of my oldest granddaughter. That's why parents were in line outside of the arena to pick them up afterward. It's gut-wrenching to think about this.

Tags: