Author Topic: Simple Solution Cat Litter  (Read 2979 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Simple Solution Cat Litter
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
Not sure what it is made of--not watched the video, but thought some of you might be interested in seeing this product that was at Global Pet Expo in FL recently.

There's a video there:

http://pack-mom.com/simple-solution-cat-litter/

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Simple Solution Cat Litter
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:22 AM »
The makers of this litter claim the pee does not have to be scooped out.  So.... what? The cat is going to be forced to pick over the litter to find a clean place to pee? I am always suspicious of products that make such ridiculous claims.

Keep the boxes clean, there will be no odor, regardless of what kind of litter you use.  It's as simple as that.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
The makers of this litter claim the pee does not have to be scooped out.

Well I told you I didn't watch it!   funny2  Just saw something new there and let you all decide.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
I watched the video.  He says the urine doesn't have to be scooped, because the litter goes back to it's natural state.  That sounds a little... beyond my comprehension. 

They also mentioned a chemical, that is in no other litter.  Attapulgite clay.

This is the info, I took off of Amazon, 'cuz we all know I wouldn't darken the door of Wal Mart :):
  Three times more absorbent than other litters so it works faster and better
Weighs less than standard litters for more odor-fighting power in a smaller box
Powerful 30 day odor control for even multi-cat households
Absorbs the urine without clumping eliminating daily scooping
The 15 pound box is equivalent to 42 pounds of other clay litter 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:17:05 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:08 PM »
I LOVE Precious Cat Litter.  I know this isn't news to most of you.  :)  But I would change to another brand that clumps just as well, has no perfumes, next to no dust, no tracking, is safe, and... weighs less!! 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
PS  The video states it is only available at Wal-Mart and Amazon, but I have seen it at my local grocery store.  So, they (quickly) have expanded to other stores. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
Sure they've expanded.  Some people will do anything to avoid scooping the box.  But I fail to see how you can go a month without removing urine.  The pee doesn't just disappear.  My cats pee three times a day, each.  And one, because she had water added to her food, has huge pees.

I am extremely skeptical. Of course that I am skeptical (by nature) is about as much a secret as that Lola loves Precious Cat litter, hahaha!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
I think mannnny people are lazy, and that is why their litter boxes stink. 
I also think companies come up with perfume-y nasty smelling littler that pleases the owner, but makes most cats have allergy or respiratory issues.  Kinda like a lot of ingredients in pet foods...screw the pet, please the owner!   ::)

I'm just yapping out loud about what they claim this litter does ... urine "magically" disappears (my words, not theirs), because the litter turns back to it's original state.  I can't grasp that, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. 
If it truly IS safe and the urine does "disappear," I think I would give it a try. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »
I made a mistake.  The litter I THOUGHT was this brand, at my local grocery store... not it.  Guess I won't be trying it, until it is available somewhere OTHER than Wal - Mart. :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »
Cats have a much stronger sense of smell, than we do.  If it is too stinky for humans, it is definitely too stinky for our cats.  IMHO

This is what Ingrid King had to say...

Snip:

I liked everything about this litter, except the fragrance. The litter has a nice fresh scent, but I’m highly sensitive to scented products and can’t use anything scented around my home. As much as I wanted to like this product, I found the scent overpowering. I hope that Simple Solution will come out with an unscented version of this product. However, if you and your cats don’t mind scented litters, then this litter could be a great choice for you.

http://consciouscat.net/2014/04/17/review-giveaway-simple-solution-30-day-litter/#more-23739

Tags: