Author Topic: Facebook Disconnect  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Facebook Disconnect
« on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
Facebook Disconnect

Stop Facebook from tracking the webpages you go to.
Facebook is notified whenever you visit one of the more than one million sites on the web that use Facebook Connect and has a history of leaking personally-identifiable information to third parties.

Turn off the flow of your data to them!

Facebook Disconnect blocks all traffic from third-party sites to Facebook servers but still lets you access Facebook itself.

Note: read the FAQ at http://j.mp/fbdcinstall to learn about the warning you get when installing Facebook Disconnect.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Re: Facebook Disconnect
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »
Thats only if you log in to a site, using Facebook, is that right, the 3rd party sharing?

Another question, I don't need to get a email, everytime, one of my friends, posts something. How do I stop that?  >:( cowHello TexasFlag bumpgif

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:11 AM »
Most sites do have facebook links now.  I'm thinking of just canceling my account there, which will save the necessity of all these other security controls. But..it's the only way I have of keeping in touch with my nieces and nephews.  They don't e mail, I don't text, and none of us like to use the phone.  :(

Is that app safe, I wonder?  And..how do we know if it really works?   gah, I hate facebook!

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »
Thats only if you log in to a site, using Facebook, is that right, the 3rd party sharing?

Another question, I don't need to get a email, everytime, one of my friends, posts something. How do I stop that?  >:( cowHello TexasFlag bumpgif
Bump... you need to go into your settings and there is a thing that you uncheck so you dont get all those emails.
I get none from facebook. I actually have to log onto facebook to check messages or anything.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »
To further add help to the above comment..

Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »
Most sites do have facebook links now.  I'm thinking of just canceling my account there, which will save the necessity of all these other security controls. But..it's the only way I have of keeping in touch with my nieces and nephews.  They don't e mail, I don't text, and none of us like to use the phone.  :(

Is that app safe, I wonder?  And..how do we know if it really works?   gah, I hate facebook!

I got the info for the ap from the Chrome "store."  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/home
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:45:27 PM by Lola, Reason: left out a word »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: