Author Topic: Is this legal?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Is this legal?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »
Last comment and I will shut-up. 

I understand vets/vet hospitals have no idea if a person will pay or not.  However, if a person didn't pay... wouldn't they just go after them, like any bill collector would?  I'm NOT saying that is the perfect scenario.  Why isn't it assumed a person WILL pay, instead of won't?

I feel for your sister sooooo much.  I would assume she was stressed to the max ...worried about her boy cat.  If she knows anything about vets, she also had to wonder if the vet was being dishonest or up-selling some sort of BS.  Top it off with demanding thousands of dollars up front.  What a frickin nightmare!

She STILL ended up paying the full estimate... pretty much... and yet she had to bring her boy cat home in a box.  I KNOW there are no guarantees.  But when you hear stories like that, ALL the time... makes a person wonder. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »
Thanks.  And I'm sorry if I'm being really hissy.  It's very rare to hear my sister cry, and when I heard his meowing (before she took him to the vet), it just GOT to me.  :'(

I'm pizzed off, and I don't know your sister or her cat. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
Personally, I think that if a vet charges a lot for treatment, and then can't save the pet anyway, they should do the euthanasia for free.

Thanks, Dee.   :-*

I'm pizzed off, and I don't know your sister or her cat. 

Thanks, Lola.   HeadButt
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »
Oh Pookie I am so sorry about your sisters cat :( Rest inpeace little boy  rainbow3
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
I'm sorry your sister went through all that. If one cat has them, they all do, if there are that many fleas on the cat to kill the cat, the situation in the house and on the cats is dire.  My mother lost a cat to flea induced anemia last summer.  The vet reamed her for it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
I'm sorry your sister went through all that. If one cat has them, they all do, if there are that many fleas on the cat to kill the cat, the situation in the house and on the cats is dire.  My mother lost a cat to flea induced anemia last summer.  The vet reamed her for it.

From what I have read recently... fleas aren't always that obvious, until they reach the "out of control" stage. 

Do you all treat your dogs/cats for fleas monthly?  <--- That isn't a snotty question.  I don't (never have)... and am wondering if I should be. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
From what I have read recently... fleas aren't always that obvious, until they reach the "out of control" stage. 

Do you all treat your dogs/cats for fleas monthly?  <--- That isn't a snotty question.  I don't (never have)... and am wondering if I should be. 

Right.  By the time you realize there is a problem, often the problem is very bad indeed.

No I don't treat my cats. They don't need to be treated, they do not have fleas and only go into a protected yard. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »
Right.  By the time you realize there is a problem, often the problem is very bad indeed.

No I don't treat my cats. They don't need to be treated, they do not have fleas and only go into a protected yard. 

You've probably noticed  Silly7 I often wonder if I've missed the boat, on whatever topic is being discussed. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 11:10:35 PM »
She flea-bombed yesterday.  I'm not sure if she's spot-treated the other cats yet.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: