Author Topic: Shadow Cat's Dadruff  (Read 2688 times)

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Shadow Cat's Dadruff
« on: June 24, 2018, 02:27:42 PM »
This time of the year her dandruff is bad again. Short hair, brushed daily at least once, heavy kneading when she is on my desk. Fish oil, eggs - not only no but forget it. Vet is basically useless unless I buy a bag of homeo products which she is pushing. Just as example - she did not know that the recommended hamp oil from the recommended source 40 miles down the road comes in 500 cc only. I was not supposed to drown the cat but give her 2-3 drops daily to see if it has an effect. Well, at 75$ and 80 miles I was not one to the experiment.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Shadow Cat's Dadruff
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »
Vet is basically useless unless I buy a bag of homeo products which she is pushing. Just as example - she did not know that the recommended hamp oil from the recommended source 40 miles down the road comes in 500 cc only. I was not supposed to drown the cat but give her 2-3 drops daily to see if it has an effect. Well, at 75$ and 80 miles I was not one to the experiment.

Dogs and cats cannot efficiently convert plant sources of omega-3 fats into appropriate amounts of DHA and EPA, so the best option for omega-3 fats is to use an animal-based source such as krill oil or sardines.

From: https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2016/06/10/dog-diet-healthy-oils.aspx
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
She may have something else going on, but does she eat kibble?  I ONLY ask because... dandruff was no longer an issue with any of our cats, once they were no longer fed kibble. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »
Did you notice the dandruff getting better with brushing?  I'm wondering if daily, sometimes more than once a day, is too much, but my brain is fried today so I may be way off-base.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
No kibble and she comes to get brushed, actually demands it. Maybe she will share sardines with me. Now I got cravings and my whiskers are sprouting.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
A/C maybe drying out the air.   :-\
You eat sardines... willingly?!  ;)

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 07:14:26 AM »
A/C maybe drying out the air.   :-\
You eat sardines... willingly?!  ;)
I turn A/C off when SO leaves, open all windows to let the furries have TV and let as much red clay dust in as possible, it comes on again around 3:30.
Yes, I eat sardines, anchovies and even salad but refuse steak. Tomorrow is idiot rally day aka grocery shopping and I will get sardines and non-fish wet food. SO has a crazy week at work so asking him to stop may result in unexpected purchases. No, shopping list does not work. Been there and have 40 pounds of Basmati.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
I turn A/C off when SO leaves, open all windows to let the furries have TV and let as much red clay dust in as possible,

funny2

Yes, I eat sardines, anchovies and even salad but refuse steak. Tomorrow is idiot rally day aka grocery shopping and I will get sardines and non-fish wet food. SO has a crazy week at work so asking him to stop may result in unexpected purchases. No, shopping list does not work. Been there and have 40 pounds of Basmati.

:o

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »
Sardines anyone? ShadowCat is not interested in Plan A nor in egg yolk nor in olive oil. SO bought something from Burt's Bees. Spray you apply to a brush and wipes. It seems to improve the situation and the aunties do not object.  rainbow3

Tags: