Author Topic: Chewy.com  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Chewy.com
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
I don't know anything about this site, how good (or not) they are, but I received a special offer in the mail for new customers and thought I'd share:

$15 off your first order of $49 or more, and free 1-2 day shipping.  Use this Welcome Code at checkout:  T7S7Y4SL.  Offer ends 12/31/2016.

Happy shopping!   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Chewy.com
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »
Chewy.com is wonderful.  Superior customer service. About the only place left that isn't owned by PetSmart.

Well, Entirelypets.com too I think.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
When I fed canned food, I bought the majority of it from Chewy.  It was actually cheaper, then buying local.
Currently the furkids' probiotics come from them.  I have it on auto-ship.  I also buy my cat litter from them. 
Like MC said... they have AWESOME service!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:36:46 PM »
Chewy.com is wonderful.  Superior customer service. About the only place left that isn't owned by PetSmart.

Well, Entirelypets.com too I think.

Chewy was bought out by PetSmart recently.  I was very disappointed to learn this, but have not yet noticed any change in prices or customer service.  They did lose at least two brands:  Fromm and Orijen. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Chewy was bought out by PetSmart recently.  I was very disappointed to learn this, but have not yet noticed any change in prices or customer service.  They did lose at least two brands:  Fromm and Orijen. 

I was pretty bummed when I learned that Chewy sold. 
I recently heard/read that some companies won't make their lines of food available at Chewy anymore, due to the sell-out. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »

Yes, thank you for updating this old thread.  I did start a thread about it, at the time.  I was a regular at Chewy's, until the buy out.

I do not, will not, support petsmart as long as they continue to profit from declawing.

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
Yes, thank you for updating this old thread.  I did start a thread about it, at the time.  I was a regular at Chewy's, until the buy out.

I do not, will not, support petsmart as long as they continue to profit from declawing.

Oh, shoot.  Banfield.  It never even occurred to me that they do this.  I know so few people who would even consider declawing that it's probably not as much on my radar as it should be. 

That really stinks.  I liked Chewy.   :(

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
I did too.  Superior customer service.  Cound't be beat. I've found myself wondering if maybe that's why they couldn't afford to go it without being bought out.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »
I did too.  Superior customer service.  Cound't be beat. I've found myself wondering if maybe that's why they couldn't afford to go it without being bought out.

I don't think it's always a scenario of not being able to make it. I think it's quite often a "can't resist that much money" thing.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »

Just a note, vitacost.com now has a lot of pet foods, and (since 2014) they're owned by the Kroger company. I get all of our supplements and most of my gluten free baking (and dog cookie) ingredients there.

I've never been disappointed by them. I had some gluten free crackers from there arrive all broken and crushed once. They immediately made good on it. I generally get my orders within 5 days.

Really not a clue as to which cat food brands they have, but it's worth looking through. It's worth keeping SOME kind of alternative food around just in case, you know, zombies.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:37:20 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »
Oh, shoot.  Banfield.  It never even occurred to me that they do this.  I know so few people who would even consider declawing that it's probably not as much on my radar as it should be. 

That really stinks.  I liked Chewy.   :(

I do feel the need to add that I do not expect other people stop shopping at chewy for that reason,  just because I have.  I have to go with my own personal feelings about it. That's all.  HeadButt

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 04:42:55 AM »
I do feel the need to add that I do not expect other people stop shopping at chewy for that reason,  just because I have.  I have to go with my own personal feelings about it. That's all.  HeadButt

It will matter less and less as I make more of my own food.  We're fortunate to have a lovely pet supply store here, one of a smaller, regional chain called Hollywood Feed, where I can get other things I need.  When I quit Chewy, I will be sure to tell them why, and how much I regret it.  It's a shame.  One of the things that impressed me most about them was that, if for some reason, my pets didn't like something I ordered, they didn't even ask that it be returned for a refund.  They just said to donate it to the shelter.  But Hollywood gives a lot of stuff to shelters and rescues, as well, and they host adoption events every weekend. 

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:14:09 AM »
I was a pretty good and loyal customer and brought a number of customers. This week's order was the last one. Chewy is now charging sales tax, no more courtesy discounts and the last three order takers were at the verge of being snippy.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
I was a pretty good and loyal customer and brought a number of customers. This week's order was the last one. Chewy is now charging sales tax, no more courtesy discounts and the last three order takers were at the verge of being snippy.

Petsmart owns Chewy now. If there's a Petsmart in your state, and you live in a state that collects sales tax, they're going to charge taxes. https://www.taxjar.com/guides/intro-to-sales-tax/#summary-of-the-basics-of-sales-tax-for-online-sellers

A sales tax map is here:

https://blog.taxjar.com/internet-sales-tax-nexus/

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 01:49:22 PM »
Thank you! It is not so much the tax but the changed tone.

Tags: