Author Topic: First time cat owner need help with kitten  (Read 23625 times)

Offline LeFlame

• BANNED
  • Yapper
Re: First time cat owner need help with kitten
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »
OK lets start over.My neighbor has cats he hasn't taken them to the vet EVER don't twist my words later and say I support this OK lets continue.One of his cats is pregnant he has offered to give me one of the kittens after they spend time with it's mother.I am willing to take it to the vet have it tested and vaccinated and will provide love and care for it.just because my culture isn't fond of animals doesn't mean I'm not.i was using the culture example to show why my parents do like to buy really fancy cat trees or a special toy.i have a cat bed a litter box some standard toys and food I still don't see how middle child assumes that I neglect animals.Now what I want help on is when the kitten is in my care I would like so tips or tricks to get the kitten well adjusted.Also may of you worrier about it being inbred my neighbor showed me that the father cat and the mother cat aren't related so no problems there and this pack of cats are the pack for miles so I should have any crazy cat stds.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2016, 04:54:49 PM »
Cats that have never been to a vet for any kind of check-up or vaccinations....are likely NOT in good health.  Therefore, their kittens will LIKELY not be healthy either.  They may SEEM and LOOK healthy...but cats do NOT show sickness, unless they are pretty much knocking on death door. 

I'll assume you are willing to care for a kitten, knowing the risk and possible cost. 

Leave the kitten with his/her mother for 10 weeks.  12 weeks would be better. 

When you adopt the kitten, take it to the vet RIGHT AWAY.  Expect the first visit to be a few hundred dollars for tests, vaccinations, exam, etc.  It is what RESPONSIBLE pet owners do.

Are we good so far?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:58:12 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline LeFlame

• BANNED
  • Yapper
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »
Yeah of course thanks for the help also do you think with food stamps I can get a discount of all the vet work?

Offline LeFlame

• BANNED
  • Yapper
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »
Alright I'll come back and do an update when the kitten is born and try to get some pictures and then later when it's got 10 weeks or so Ik take it and start doing daily updates cya guys for now.ps how long does it take cats to give birth 4 months or less?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2016, 07:36:52 PM »
 feedtroll
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline LeFlame

• BANNED
  • Yapper
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2016, 11:01:18 PM »
Ok how the tf am I trolling I can't go get you some pics of the mother cat and if I'm trolling how TF do you explain the pictures of Lea the first kitten I had for about a good 2 weeks fine don't want to help y'all nasty old cat lady's have fun with that.Also your cat is not a kid it is a PET.https://www.google.com/amp/www.popsugar.com/moms/Comparing-Pets-Children-37693220/amp?client=safari

Offline LeFlame

• BANNED
  • Yapper
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
God worst choice I made was to go on this forum you people Bruh your cats teeth what the hell its a cat not a human.Yall need to find a wife or husband and have some kids pets are pets not kids.cya fuckers have fun paying for expensive ass vet visit and surgerys.I hope all of your animals die a slow and painful dead.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »
This thread is worthless without pictures.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2016, 08:19:56 AM »
Ok how the tf am I trolling I can't go get you some pics of the mother cat and if I'm trolling how TF do you explain the pictures of Lea the first kitten I had for about a good 2 weeks fine don't want to help y'all nasty old cat lady's have fun with that.Also your cat is not a kid it is a PET.https://www.google.com/amp/www.popsugar.com/moms/Comparing-Pets-Children-37693220/amp?client=safari

You might want to read the comments in that opinion piece you posted.  Almost everyone who posted hates the article and disagrees with it.  In fact many were quite nasty about it.

It was one person's opinion.  And quite obnoxious about it too.

Go back to your big screen TV, expensive game equipment and food stamps.  Leave the pet owning to people who actually care about animals.

If you really feel you need a pet, you can probably find a pet rock on e bay.  They were popular in the 70s.

Tags: Kitten Help