Author Topic: Chrome help  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Chrome help
« on: October 10, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
So I have been using Google Chrome, any advice would be appreciated. Sometimes I get this thing bottom left saying "resolving proxy" when I click on the chrome tab to connect. Why??  Also where is the facebook block thingy?  I also would like to know how to get rid of history when I leave the internet, instead of having to manually erase history every time I log off.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Chrome help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52:09 AM »

"Resolving proxy"
If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to acccess pages through a web proxy. Check whether the "Resolving proxy" message appears in the lower-left corner of the browser window.

Follow these steps to change your proxy setting (for Windows):

Click the Chrome menu  on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Network" section, click Change proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties dialog.
Click LAN settings .
Deselect the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.
The steps above will change your proxy settings, potentially disabling your web proxy. Consult your system administrator if you're unsure about this setting.

http://www.hidetools.com/how-to-block-facebook-google-chrome.html OR you can do this:  Facebook Blocker: http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/ It's a plugin you install

Click & Clean https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/click%26clean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod plugin for Chrome

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Thanks Dee Dee I will try this out  thumbsup1
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
I only have this arrow thingie when using Chrome.  AND it is a new thing... didn't always have it.  Not sure what changed.  Anyone know how to get rid of it... what changes I can make?

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: