Author Topic: Does anyone else watch Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet?  (Read 5613 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Does anyone else watch Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet?
« on: June 27, 2016, 10:54:15 PM »
Saturday night the preview of this show coming up this weekend showed him having his head shaved and a comment about chemo. He's got cancer again. I really hated hearing that. I hope things end up okay with him. I really like his show despite that forced spay/neuter thing of his.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet-star-reveals-a-serious-health-issue-has-returned

Although "Dr. Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet" posted to their Facebook page on June 26 a comment regarding the cuteness of a trio of sugar gliders, fans were more concerned with what they saw on a preview for next week's episode. Last year, there was an episode where Dr. Jeff Young discussed his cancer health scare. He had what he described as a low-grade lung tumor and by removing the lower part of the affected lung lobe, he stated that he was fairly confident that he was free of cancer.

Unfortunately, the cancer seems to have returned and the clip for the new episode titled "Turning Point," follows the doctor in what is sure to be an emotionally-charged show. "Cancer. You know when you hear that, you think well, that's not good," Dr. Jeff states during the preview. "The chemo's kicked in enough that the hair's starting to fall out." As he's talking, Dr. Jeff is shown inside his Planned Pethood Plus animal clinic with his new bride and fellow veterinarian, Petra, as she first begins the heartbreaking process of cutting off his signature long hair and shaving his head.

Everyone's sending well-wishes at the show's FB page:

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Does anyone else watch Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:10:17 PM »
All I know about him is what you have posted here.  I'm sorry to read the recent news.  :( 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Does anyone else watch Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:26:58 PM »
My mom watches him, and I've seen some episodes when I've stayed at her place.  I'm sorry to hear the cancer has come back.  Crossing paws he beats it again!  fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: