Author Topic: Another Report of the Ingredient You Most Don't Want  (Read 1496 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Another Report of the Ingredient You Most Don't Want
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »
Waiting on Test Results, Another Possible Pentobarbital Poisoning Incident

A concerned consumer reports two sick cats to Virginia Department of Agriculture – Wild Calling Pet Food, State Department of Agriculture stated possible pentobarbital poisoning. But the State Department of Ag continues to drag its heels…

A pet owner contacted me reporting two very sick cats, both cats became sick “with vomiting and diarrhea”. Both cats had been eating Wild Calling Pet Food; Cabin Fever (chicken) best by Jan 26, 2020—lot number 73CCFM5 0531, Cowabunga (beef) best by Aug 18 2019– lot number 73CBMS 1549. Both cats were treated by a veterinarian. When the Wild Calling Pet Food was removed from their diet, both cats improved however one was slower to recover than the other. One of the cats returned to the vet multiple times; blood sugar was very high. “He also has cardiomyopathy that was not there a few weeks ago when I had to take him because of the diarrhea and vomiting.” Both cats have fully recovered, returned to normal behavior/health.

This pet owner reported the pet illness/potential pet food contamination to Virginia Department of Agriculture on May 21, 2017. The agency picked up unopened cans from the same lots on May 22 from the pet owner, telling her some of the symptoms of her cats matched that of pentobarbital poisoning (they were well aware of the recent history at Evanger’s Pet Food). And then she nervously waited.

And waited.

As the military saying goes, "Hurry up and wait." Meanwhile, read the rest of the story: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/waiting-on-test-results-another-possible-pentobarbital-poisoning-incident/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Another Report of the Ingredient You Most Don't Want
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
I thought the Wild Calliing was recalled also, back with the Evangers. Darn, this just never ends.  Those Evangers owners need to go to jail.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
Wild Calling isn't packaged by Evangers. It WAS. But she corrected the story.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:50:54 PM »
I am sure I read about some formulas of WC being processed at Evanger's facilities.  I am sure of it. And I thought I remembered them being recalled also, but I am not sure about that part. 

I am too tired tonight to go back and reread all that stuff.  Maybe over the weekend.

But I haven't read the link yet Dee, did they actually find pentobarbital in the food?

<edit> Okay I have read the story now and see what you mean. THIS batch, so WC claims, was not processed at the Evanger's plant.

So, IF, this is pentobarbital again, then that supplier is still supplying it.

Thanks for the alert, Dee.  I stopped using WC (when I fed canned) when I found out they were canned by Evanger's, and that was years ago.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »

So, IF, this is pentobarbital again, then that supplier is still supplying it.

Thanks for the alert, Dee.  I stopped using WC (when I fed canned) when I found out they were canned by Evanger's, and that was years ago.

You're welcome. I just don't understand this though. Maybe this has been killing pets for longer than anyone has suspected, and it's just now that people have started suspecting food first instead of anything else?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 05:47:57 AM »
You're welcome. I just don't understand this though. Maybe this has been killing pets for longer than anyone has suspected, and it's just now that people have started suspecting food first instead of anything else?

I think so.  Someone got greedy and less careful about how much euthanized animal was added to the feed mix. We've all known for years that the FDA looks the other way regarding this "ingredient".

Tags: