Author Topic: Here is your chance, to tell Purina, your concerns  (Read 3669 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Here is your chance, to tell Purina, your concerns
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
I got real tired, of reading posts, from people who fed Purina, who have not a clue, and who now have major issues, along with reading the consumer reports regarding Purina, cat and dog food, exact same issues, all of them, cat or dog.  Last one posted on consumer, put me over, and Purina is either not aware, this is going on, or doesn't care. Well, now they are going to care, Bump made them care.  >:(

Put a post, on the FB Purina site, last night. Bump asked them, if they were even aware, and did they even care, about the number of cats and dogs dying, from eating Purina. Told them he has proof, which he does, and told them, this way smacks, of the Menu Food saga. That post, got deleted in like one minute. Gee, big surprise.

So....... posted the consumer reports about Purina, on the other Purina site. That one, got Bump a reply.

Got a reply from Purina, inviting me to call them, and discuss my concerns, which, I will be calling them next week, to late today. 

I keep BB in line, Purina is next.

So here is your chance, to tell Purina, anything you want them to know. Either put it on here, or paw mail Bump. I need facts.  I will bring up my concerns, and any of yours.

Stuff happens sometimes, with foods, but there are complaints put on the consumer report every day, plus the posts I read. Something is way, wrong, with this picture.

Purina is either going to fix this, or the newspapers, television and CNN are next.  >:(     

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Here is your chance, to tell Purina, your concerns
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
I posted that consumer link on the Purina website two or three days ago, asking why it was not being addressed.  No one replied.  My post is still there though. People just want to use the site to post pictures of their cats being tortured by wearing hats or stupid "what breed is my kitten" posts. I hate that.  It's like people have this NEED for their pets to be some exotic breed for them to be special.  I can't stand people.  LOL.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
Consumer link:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

Most recent complaint (1/12/2012):
I am with heavy heart as I write this. Our 2 large dogs, 7 puppies, and 1 6-month-old dog have all been eating Purina One and Purina Puppy Dog chow. This week, one of the large dogs got very sick. Yesterday her puppies got sick and we lost 3 of them today. My 6-month-old dachshund got up in the middle of the night sick. I am so upset with the thought that all of the precious dogs are sick because we thought that Purina was the best for them. I am angry and sad that we may have given them something that hurt them. The one large dog that ate a different kind of food is the only one that isn't sick.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:03:38 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
Bump,  all they care about is their advertisers, and people promoting them.  $$$   Maybe let them know that people won't waste their time with Purina, but the advertisers, like that movie that they've "partenered" with in those commercials might be interested?

Maybe hit the movies' FB page with that link & some comments?  It's Rin Tin Tin something (?)   (not the old rin tin tin)

I run far & fast away, shut doors,  from TVs especially when commercials are on, next time I'll try to listen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:11:36 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
The last post in consumer reports, the one Lola put up, is the one, that I saw, was looking for something, and that one, put me over.  And Bump thrives, on companies, that blow him off.  You know your heading in the right direction, the more opposistion, you incur.

How many times, have we seen things fixed or got better, because of the internet, because someone put the story out there. Companies don't want bad publicity.  Thats why, Bump had that show hotel by the short hairs.
They didn't want it to get out, why, that chore boy was there, under that bed. Suppose it was a little kid that found it, and chewed it up.  They also changed their cleaning policy.  All because Bump starting running his mouth, would not shut up, and said, I am not going away.  What if he had stopped, when the front desk lady said, so?, and he said oh, OK.  I told them, they *will* pay his vet bill, and my next call is to the police and CNN, they paid his vet bill.

Its the same principal, for any company.  Bump wouldn't shut up about BW, he haunts the BB site, he keeps them in line. They know, what he will do, if there is another issue with the food, cause, he done already told them. 

Well, Purina is next in line.

Bump just waitin, for someone to post an issue with the food, same thing he did with BB. One step at a time, it takes just one person, to stand up, and start the journey. 

Going after the advertisers too, is an excellent idea, might come in handy with BB in the future.

Did you know, that Sketchers, filmed a Super Bowl commercial, at a greyhound track, implying, that their stupid sneakers, which is all they really are, are faster than a greyhound. So someone like me, said enough, and brought to life, the abuses of greyhounds, now they are trying to get the ad banned, from the Super Bowl.  It took just one person, to say, enough.   

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
Bump unfortunately these people that have had problems with the food, unless they do not take their pets to the vet and get it confirmed that it is from the food then they have no proof. Maybe one shold write a note on the consumer site and tell these people to take their pets to vet, or get tests done on the ones that did die so they can get proof. Then we may see a recall.  :-\
Just my  2cents
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
I am trying to come up with "outside the box" suggestions because been there, done that with all the Government agencies (including asking even the FBI repeatedly to investigate), and alllll the Mediots. Also please consider ALL the reports of repeated vet visits where they will NOT consider blaming the food for reasons we are all aware of, so here's another one:

It's an election year.  Plastering the complaints all over the Politicians' sites may hit one of those POLS who may have a dog and/or cat themselves.  Unfortunately, only people who have learned it all the hard way are the ones who it's going to really hit a nerve with.

Finding a Politician or Lawman whom this is all-too-familiar to (sick vomiting animals, repeated vet visits with no cause diagnosis after alllll those test$...and upset children & family members too) might be the only hope. They must have pets & families too, right?  Also, notice how it's always TOO LATE by the time people get to the boiling point of wanting to test. The animals have already died in most cases.
Beings Purina is perhaps the biggest advertiser (always hear commercials associated with any dog movie, too), it will all get swept under the rug.

People running these animals back & forth to the Vets, has anyone noticed that the majority of these people who have filed complaints needed to figure it out for themselves?  Even the ones who fed their animals boiled meat & rice for the 24 hours suggested by their vets went BACK to feeding the same food.  Something wrong there, and reason I suggest appealing to "outside" people with some influence. Also worry about impartiality, or lack thereof, when it comes to testing. Most people assume the pet food Co or vet will be impartial. (Yeah right, what if the vet endorsed the food, which too many indeed do? Those clients are screwed.)  How many will even be able to afford impartial testing after all the expense of their sick pets....

(Not disagreeing with the testing idea, just looking at it from an angle most - if not all -  of us who aren't rich can relate to.)

I had written to countless of these in the past, Senators, Consumer attorneys, you-name-it, but that was during & after the mass recalls. Maybe they've gone through it themselves since then, need another dose of reality, and may figure OK enough is enough?  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:36:04 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »
CC I guess that may be a good idea, but...do you think that these "candidates" wether they have pets or not have this on their minds right now? They are probably in a whirlwind of all politcal stuff. I dunno just thinking outloud. :-\

I also will add that the problem with this consumer report site is that anyone could be writing on there, a unhappy employee, or fired one at that, could be posting. This has happened before with another company  as a few of us know.
Again just throwing that out there.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Bowser

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
Start a petition asking Purina to investigate.  www.change.org  :-\

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
Hi Shadow  hellowave
CC I guess that may be a good idea, but...do you think that these "candidates" wether they have pets or not have this on their minds right now? They are probably in a whirlwind of all politcal stuff. I dunno just thinking outloud.

They are looking for any edge for votes. The Ace in the hole is, what are the odds they've gone throught this personally?
The Steroids in Baseball only became the biggest story because Senator Jim Bunning is a HOF pitcher himself. He & the other Senator  (another baseball purist) that blew that whole stink to the epic preportions it reached are the ONLY reasons  it continues to be the hottest controversial issue still being discussed in baseball circles. It was swpet under the rug alllll those years until these senators pitched a stink (as Bonds approached the home run record.)
Wonder how important Steroids in baseball is to most people?  Not much.  Only if you're a baseball fan. Yet no story was as big as that 9at least where I live.)

I also will add that the problem with this consumer report site is that anyone could be writing on there, a unhappy employee, or fired one at that, could be posting. This has happened before with another company  as a few of us know.
Again just throwing that out there.

I've got to be the most cynical person alive and those posts read very sincere, they also sign their names & addresses. (I didn't as I was just making a statement, not an experience.)

The employees usually rave, or dispute it, and they look so obvious, it's not funny (see the Hills & royal recall complaint boards.)  The context of their statements make it obvious IMO. And there are sooooo many, from all over the country. That site also has lawyers who participate, so they must screen for repeated complaints from the same area/ ISPs....trolls...

FWIW, I found a candidate who used to be a news journalist and a great one at that (which is why she was pushed out for age discrimination and that "news" outfit went all tabloid so she didn't fit in anyway. )  

http://allen.senatenj.com/contact.php

I've thought of contacting her earlier this year (googled her to see what she's up to) but I don't want to be the only one...  won't carry as much weight. For all she (and all the others I'd contacted in the past) knows, I could be a disgruntled Purina employee....

Start a petition asking Purina to investigate.  www.change.org  

Hi Bowser, welcome!!  

Like Purina will have an impartial, legitimate  investigation, and be forthright?  Gotta go to someone impartial, no conflicts of interest IMO. Nor anyone on their payroll.  

Look at '07-08, at their most advertised food, too (Beneful). The ingredients have gotten NO better. Nothing's changed eccept for more creative advertising by (all these) companies and maybe some tweaking (reversing) of ingredients. Some merely list chicken first (and ONLY first) and trumpet it as healthy....same ol' glutens, digests... ever notice nothing's changed in the foods which are bought the MOST by pet owners?  

Whatever anyone says to them goes into the Black Hole of non-existance.  
If it were a small, independent business, different story.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:08:34 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »
Bump got a few aces up his sleeve, contacts and avenues to pursue, and he is a savin that, for BB, if the need should arise. BB best hope, it never does, cause...... they ain't, gonna be happy campers.  Bump was a headin in that direction, when the show hotel caved.

They figured it was cheaper, to pay his vet bill, and change their cleaning policy, reasonable requests, in their eyes, than to have Bump plaster, what he knew, all over creation, which, he told them, he was gonna do.

Thats the key.

You have to get the word out, somehow, and someone, with a little pull, gets the ball rolling. Don't know who, got it started, with the Menu Foods saga.

Companies do not want, negative publicity.  They spend like a zillion dollors on advertising. They count, on the average consumer, being stupid, and buying their product, cause it shows happy people, or cute kitties and doggies, or because some famous athlete promoted it.

The next time you watch a commercial, really look at it, and ask your self, what does what you see, in the commercial, have to really do, with the product.

http://www.socialbusinesstoday.net/2012/01/how-wegmans-and-lowes-were-bullied-by.html