Author Topic: Leonard...  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Leonard...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »
.. if he would let me hug him.  Just once.  Not gonna happen.  Maybe next year...

Has he let you hug him yet?  Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
No hugs yet. 
He used to only sleep with me, if Lilly (his BFF) was between me and him.  Then he advanced to sleeping with me, no matter where Lilly was on the bed.  Now he will sleep with me, when Lilly isn't even in the room.  For some reason, the bed is his safe place.  I can pet him quite a bit, when he is on the bed.  Maybe because he is half asleep?  I can scratch his ears and under his chin.  As long as I go slowly and don't make any quick moves... he is good. 
Pets outside the bedroom are a whole new ballgame!

Now that I think about it... the cats that allow me to hug them... not all enjoy it as much as I do.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »
Wow that is really great progress!  You know, it's funny, Mazy cat was the same way, the first place I was allowed to pet her, the first time I ever heard her purr either, was on my bed.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »
Wow that is really great progress!  You know, it's funny, Mazy cat was the same way, the first place I was allowed to pet her, the first time I ever heard her purr either, was on my bed.

How long did that take?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »
Months.  Over a year. I risked losing a hand for the first 18 months or so she was here.  Then she started coming to bed with me and the other cats.  She chose the spot on the opposite side of my pillow from where Ootay and Tolly slept (they always slept spooned together, but in my arms.) Bibbs under the covers, on my legs (if I let her) or in the crook of my knees.

The first time I woke and found her there I was so amazed I reached out to pet her and got bit for my efforts. But gradually over time she started to allow a brief stroke. She was more willing to allow me to press my face against her rather than my hands, and that was how I first heard her purr, a very quiet thready sound. (she purrs out loud now).

It took her about three years before she got on me on the couch.  Then she claimed my chest, right under my chin, forcing me to straight arm my book over me to read.  funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Guess we are within the "timeline," with Jenkins...as far as Mazy and Roxy standards. 

Tags: