Author Topic: Nail trim mishap  (Read 900 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Nail trim mishap
« on: August 25, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
Oh gosh I snipped her quick.  Poor Queen Eva.  In more than 9 years of nail trims it's the first time I've ever caught a quick on her. She's fine, not even washing the toe like she might if it hurt.  There was a welling of blood, but it seems to have stopped within a minute.  Not that she'll let me look, but I've had her out trying to entice her to play. While she's still wary, she did sit in one spot for about 30 seconds and after she moved I checked and there is no spot of blood where her paws were.

I feel awful, but she pulled her paw back just as I was snipping.  It happened to Jennie Angel a time or two, but I don't think I've ever caught anyone else.

Queen Eva requires being wrapped in a towel (her choice) and me pulling out one paw at a time.  She always screams bloody murder and I don't think the screams got any louder after I caught the one quick so I don't know if she even noticed, though surely it must have hurt or at least stung.

I tried something different this time, a couple drops of rescue remedy an hour or so before the nail trimming. I don't think it was a success and will go back to just the usual, swoop and and start, with no Rescue Remedy.

Mazy cat did okay, as much as she hates it and even a few air bites, she gets through it.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Nail trim mishap
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
All is clearly forgiven, and no lasting negative effects..  We've been having some wild interactive Games, including on Her Bed, which was the lure I used to snatch her up for the nail trim in the first place.

Forgiven and forgotten, until the next time. Whew.

She is currently Thundering Around The House.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:23:32 AM »
Jeez I'm glad Diva just flops when I go to clip her funny2
Brandon

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:19:55 AM »
Jeez I'm glad Diva just flops when I go to clip her funny2

Tolly Angel and Jennie Angel were pretty philosophical about it too.

Last night when I flipped on the bedroom light for a second I discovered she did bleed little spots all over the duvet cover which made me feel bad all over again. :'(

Tags: