Author Topic: Police Are Warning About A Creepy License Plate Scam  (Read 696 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Police Are Warning About A Creepy License Plate Scam
« on: February 24, 2018, 09:21:54 AM »
There's a FB post about it in this article:

Women, you need to read this very important warning from police officers regarding a new license plate trick that predators are using to try and harm us.

As explained in this Facebook post by the Fishers Police Department in Indiana, a woman was driving down the road when a truck suddenly drove up alongside her.

There were two males in the car, and the one in the passenger seat began waving to her to get her attention.

When she turned to look at what was happening, the male held up a license plate and motioned to her, trying to tell her that it was hers, as if she had just lost one of her plates.

However, the woman thankfully knew her license plate number by heart and realized that this was not her plate at all.

She drove off and did not pull over, leaving the would-be attackers behind.

While she wisely did not get out of her car, one can only imagine what would have happened if she did. The possibilities are terrifying.

Rest of story and link to FB post at: https://www.simplemost.com/police-warning-creepy-license-plate-scam-heres-protect-driving/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Police Are Warning About A Creepy License Plate Scam
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »
I am always surprised how many people don't know their plate number.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
I couldn't tell you mine right off top of my head, but I could tell you what it isn't when I see one. Lol
Brandon

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »
I've had the same plates for YEARS, and keep 'em every time I get a "new" car.  Yes, they look a bit beat up, but I don't care.  I know the plate number and don't feel like trying to memorize a new one.

There's a trick to learning them:  do what the cops (?) and military do and use words for the letters.  So if you're plate is CK4-11L you can think of it as Cathy Kitchen four eleven Larry, or whatever works best for you.  My plate starts with letters that are also one of my aunt's initials, so that's how I remember it.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: