Author Topic: Can you believe this idiot vet and her "accidental" declaw  (Read 2469 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Can you believe this idiot vet and her "accidental" declaw
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
I returned to my office, shaky but fairly confident I’d dodged a bullet.

In other words, you know you did a BIG wrong that you could be legally liable for, and you could get in a lot of trouble for it. You're happy you got away with it? Were you and your surgery staff getting so stoned the night before that you didn't notice what the cat was there for? You should be harder on yourself than anyone on earth for your inept practice of veterinary medicine!

Betrayal is powerful and sharp. I was hurt and angry. If that was how she felt, why allow me to believe my mistake was forgiven?

Perhaps she is a person, like me, that would have been using every single molecule in her body to keep from going for your throat? Count yourself lucky.

Oh JEEEEEEEEZ! I'm sorry, but that whole story sickens me. The "Boo Hoo, Poor Me. She didn't forgive my mistake," lean that the whole article takes makes me wanna *itch-slap her crazy for her whiney BSbaloney 

censored take responsibility for your mistakes, people of this world, and don't whine about your mistakes!!! Your personal mistakes aren't caused by someone else with malice. It's your fault! Apologize. Learn from the mistake, and after your mistake is settled, MOVE ON WITH LIFE!!!! That's all you CAN do.

The one thing I find that the patient did wrong was going back to the same place at all. That's stupid.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
I know, her whining about the 'betrayal' and her indignation that the client actually was upset afterwards and her comment about how she maybe 'did them a favor after all', such total "poor me I'm the victim" bunk.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
I'm just wondering if that poor cat has had any lifelong problems now due to the amputations? A lot of them do.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
My first thought was... mistakes do happen.  The more I read...Just another person not taking responsibility for his/her actions.  Blaming the victim (victim owner, in this case) ... WOW. 

I also think it is probably much more common, than she admitted, to spay and declaw all in one shot.  And that is probably why she screwed up... it was the "norm" to do both. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:18:08 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »
She has removed a lot of comments.  Not surprised.  Dr. Jean Hofve made some verrrrry good points, but her comment went poof. 

Correction.  The comment, I read, was just signed Dr. Jean... I'm pretty sure.  I don't think a last name showed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:55:51 PM by Lola »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Can you believe this vet and her "accidental" declaw
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »
The current two comments:

Dr. Epperly, Your insensitivity is appalling. How would you feel if someone did something to your pet that would cause extreme pain and lifelong disability? You deserve to be sued for malpractice.
Kathy, Medford, MA
Posted: 9/12/2013 1:58:39 PM

You were right to apologize for the mistake you made, but it seems odd that you felt "betrayed" when the client sought legal advice. An apology doesn't erase your responsibility -- or the responsibility of your employer -- for your error. A claim against your malpractice insurance was to be expected.
Beth, Boston, MA
Posted: 9/12/2013 9:24:31 AM
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:24:37 PM by Lola »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
The current two comments:

They're a lot more tactful about it than if I decided to comment.

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »

:-X

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:57:58 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »
I'm sorry I missed Dr Hofva's comments.  I read the comments early this morning,

(edit)  there are only two now?

And neither from vets.  Many of the original comments were from vets. Interesting that those were removed.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 01:23:54 AM »
My guess... the vet didn't get the support, from her peers, that she expected. 

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
down to 1 now, Guess which comment got deleted.   ::)

Tags: