Author Topic: VipPetCare - anyone use them?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
VipPetCare - anyone use them?
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
I was at my pet supply yesterday and the clerk there remembered me talking about the rabies titer.  She handed me a flier for this company http://happypet.com/index and tells me it's mobile clinic will be at my pet supply every month.  This clinic does do the rabies titer.

I haven't decided one way or the other if I'm going to do this, though it might be a way to make sure Pookie is covered without having to get into an argument.  But I wanted to check to see if anyone here has ever used this clinic before.  They have these clinics in 12 states.  I've already checked the reviews on yelp.   :D

Even if you haven't used this specific company, if you've used something similar, please let me know what kind of experience you had.  Thanks!  CatPurr   :-* HeadButt

P.S.  I'm not thinking of using them in place of a regular vet.  It doesn't look like they do check-ups, anyway.  I'm just considering using them for the titer.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:20:42 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: VipPetCare - anyone use them?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
I haven't but I think using them for the titer is a good test of what their services might be like.  Is My Pet Supply the name of a store?

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »
Is My Pet Supply the name of a store?

No, that's just what I was calling the place where I get Pookie's food and treats.  It's a specialty pet food/supply store, and they sell good-quality food and raw there.  They even special-order the Rad Cat for me.   thumbsup1  The staff there are pretty knowledgeable about diet, and are always friendly.  I was really surprised the clerk remembered our conversation, as it was several months ago.  They have a sister store near my job, so I'd been getting Pookie's food there.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
I dont see where it would be any different than going to a new vet.  ??  Is it possible, or easy, to screw up a titer test?  If that is all I was having done, and am in the room at the time... I'd go for it. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: