Author Topic: AVMA to take a stand against raw feeding  (Read 11800 times)

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: AVMA to take a stand against raw feeding
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Auntie, thank you for putting that article up, and including all those lovely links in it.   thumbsup1

It's crazy how people allow others to take so much power over them.  As I understand it, the AVMA is not an actual government body, so what kind of legal weight do they really have?  I guess what I'm getting at is, why don't the vets who disagree with all this  flamingturd band together and create their own association?
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 03:31:19 AM »
Here's CatCentric's latest post on this ridiculous but seriously disturbing turn of events: I have a question for the anti-raw AVMA veterinarians.

Since then, I've learned that some holistic veterinarians are beginning to back off raw feeding recommendations, for fear of losing their licenses. And I believe this situation is going to get far worse before it gets better. Hill's has partnered with Trupanion Pet Insurance and Purina has its own pet insurance program; if these programs don't already exclude raw-fed pets, it's a no-brainer they will in the very near future.  :-{

AC

OMG that has got to be one of the best, if not the best, greatly-composed article I have ever read, anywhere.   clapping1

wow1 wow1 wow1 wow1

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 03:35:48 AM »
Auntie, thank you for putting that article up, and including all those lovely links in it.   thumbsup1

It's crazy how people allow others to take so much power over them.  As I understand it, the AVMA is not an actual government body, so what kind of legal weight do they really have?  I guess what I'm getting at is, why don't the vets who disagree with all this  flamingturd band together and create their own association?

thumbsup1

I guess alll the $$$$$ is in the "main" associations but wonder where these vets  http://www.ahvma.org/ stand in the whole scheme of things, and how they would be affected?  Are they completely independent? And if it's just a matter of "demand" by the pet owning poplace whether they get bigger in size (and influence)?  

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
    • CatCentric - Your place for all things cats!
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
OMG that has got to be one of the best, if not the best, greatly-composed article I have ever read, anywhere.   clapping1

wow1 wow1 wow1 wow1

*cough*

Well, that's certainly the best compliment I've ever received on an article! Thank you!

AC
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A feline nutrition, raw feeding, cat care, health & behavior blog & resource site.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
clapping1 clapping1 DrLisaPiersonWorthy
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
AVMA, no matter how many times you repeat your line about the “lack” of influence between your multimillion dollar pet food sponsors and your policy against raw-feeding, the facts stand on their own. To imply that handling raw meat to feed our pets is somehow more dangerous than handling raw meat to feed ourselves is ludicrous. To create a policy against a practice that hasn’t produced a single human illness while ignoring the many with long-known links to human pathogenic illnesses flies in the face of logic, and expecting pet owners to not see the disconnect is the height of arrogance.
http://catcentric.org/2012/09/12/i-have-a-question-for-the-anti-raw-avma-veterinarians/
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: