Author Topic: Beware, Fast Moving Viral Infection  (Read 1590 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Beware, Fast Moving Viral Infection
« on: October 01, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
Just wanted to make you aware, of a fast moving viral infection, that is going around.  It strikes within 4 days, of exposure.  4 days after a show, 2 weeks ago, one kitten got sick, he went in that morning. 4 days later, another one has it, she went in that morning. 4 days later, the other kitten got it, he went in that morning. 

The first symptoms are diarea, the next day, they won't eat, and they hide.  Treatment has been sub q fluids, so they don't get dehydrated, or if they are, due to the diarea.  Also given, is metronidazole, for the diarea.

As quick as it strikes, they get over it fast, *if* caught right away, and taken in for treatment. 

I also have it, so it appears to be contagious to humans.

Just wanted to make you aware of it, so if you see the first symptom, which is diarea, and it strikes fast. One day they are their normal self, the next day they are sick, don't wait, take them right in.  If you catch it early, they are pretty much back to normal, in 3 days.

I have another show in a few weeks, which I have pulled the kittens from, not going to take the chance, of exposing them to whatever might be floating around, since they would see most of the same cats, and don't want to spread it to another cat.  I also have to see if its going to hit the other one.  I told my friends, not, to come over, don't want to expose their cats either, and I am not coming over, for the same reason.

cat4 TexasFlag bumpgif

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: Beware, Fast Moving Viral Infection
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 03:14:03 AM »
eeeeewww....

Winter virus season gets a head start....

Feel better soon.

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
Are you and the felines feeling better? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »
All the kitties are back to their normal selfs, running thru the house, at warp speed, like crazy boys, mol.  And at the last 4 day mark, no one else has gotten it, thankfully.  It hit me pretty hard, but I am just starting to feel better.  Pretty much, since I had to go to work, if you don't go in, you don't get paid, come home, try to eat something, then lay down and watch TV, mol.   cat4

Just the past couple of days, I have actually felt like eating something.  :o

It strikes fast and hard. I don't wish this on anybody or any kitty.  :-*

Have missed talking to you guys, but just have not felt like doing posts. Hope all kitties are doing well.  thumbsup1 Bumpurr1 :-* cat4 TexasFlag bumpgif   

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Happy to hear you and your clan are all healthy again.   :-*
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: