Author Topic: Simplistic Recipe - Is it complete?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Simplistic Recipe - Is it complete?
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
This recipe was developed by Natasche Wille, who is very respected in the raw fed community. She has been promoting a raw diet for felines since 1999, and has raised a colony of cats on a completely natural raw diet. She also is the developer of the TC Feline line of supplements. This recipe doesn't call for a lot of supplements like most of them do; I don't see why it wouldn't be complete, since I am not entirely sold on the idea that taking a prey model diet and grinding it up means a bunch of supplements now need to be added, but I wondered as to what everyone else thought about it.

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
    • CatCentric - Your place for all things cats!
Re: Simplistic Recipe - Is it complete?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't use this recipe as anything but a short-term menu. Real bone has value beyond what's provided in bone meal, and there is no ingredient or supplement to address any organs other than liver.

But then, I'd prefer my cats do all the work of processing the food - both because I'm lazy and because it's good for them - so I wouldn't feed ground in any case.

AC
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A feline nutrition, raw feeding, cat care, health & behavior blog & resource site.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Simplistic Recipe - Is it complete?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Since I hijacked this thread...  :-[
I moved the posts, that didn't pertain to Simplistic, here:
http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=969.0
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: