Author Topic: Natural Flea Repellant?  (Read 722 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Natural Flea Repellant?
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
DeeDee,
Was it you that mentioned using equal parts of water and Organic Apple Cider vinegar (spray on dog) as a natural flea repellant? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Natural Flea Repellant?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »
No. I've heard of it, and tried it, but it really did nothing for us. We have our southern environment though, and it's always a bit different from other places.

Diatomaceous earth works, but it dries their skin out to heck and back.

Those cedar based brands work, but they're smelly, and you have to apply it at least every day. It kind of smells like lemon Pledge, but after a while it's nauseating.

Yeah. IF ours start itching, I use actual poisons, but last year I used it a total of 2 times (only after they start scratching) and I've only used it once so far this year. I DO throw on a face-mask and put a ring of DE around the outside of the fence and house, and sprinkle it around the fenced area though.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: