Author Topic: Divergent  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Divergent
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »
I am normally not a science fiction kind of gal, but...  I did enjoy this movie.  Kinda creepy good.  The romance part of it, is probably what pulled me in.  :) 

"Divergent" is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group.

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Divergent
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »
PS
I enjoyed it enough, that I think I will read the series.  The books are ALWAYS better! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
I need to read a book sometime soon. Been so long since I've read one it's crazy. Between Daddy & everything else going crazy around here with the rental though, just can't seem to concentrate right now for anything over a couple of pages long. Even long research is going beyond my brain lately.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »
I normally only read non-fiction, but this series definitely sounds interesting. 
Not that I wish someone else have concentration issues, but.... glad you mentioned that you do also.  I didn't know if it was an age thing or what.  I find myself reading the same page over an over, because my mind "drifts."  If there are more than a handful of details... I just about need to take notes!  I used to LIVE for reading... every single day!  I could read anytime, anywhere. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »
Well when you're talking about dealing with stress with parents, etc., it screws your concentration up royally. Deep fear set in a couple of months ago just b/c we're dealing with dementia with Daddy. Was it happening to me too, just earlier in life? So I talked to my Dr. about it, and he said that it didn't appear to be anything more with me than extreme stress. His advice: walk my dogs more to make sure I'm tired at the end of the day, so I sleep better; and keep music that relaxes me playing in the background.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: