Author Topic: If you purchased any of Skechers’ footwear...  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
If you purchased any of Skechers’ footwear...
« on: May 18, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »
I own a few pairs of Sketchers.  I wasn't expecting them to tone anything, so I wasn't let down when I didn't end up with legs of steel. 
I'm on my feet all day...I DO appreciate how my back hurts a LOT less though.   

If you purchased any of Skechers’ footwear called Shape-ups, Resistance Runner, Shape-ups Toners/Trainers, and Tone-ups since August 1, 2008, a proposed settlement may affect your rights.

A settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit, captioned Grabowski v. Skechers U.S.A., Inc., No. 3:12-cv-00204 (W.D. Ky.). The lawsuit concerns claims that Skechers violated certain state laws and consumer protection statutes in connection with the marketing and sale of their toning shoes.

You may be a class member if you purchased eligible Skechers toning shoes since August 1, 2008, with limited exclusions. The Court has not yet ruled on whether the settlement should be preliminarily approved. The Court may not grant preliminary approval or may require certain changes to the proposed settlement. This website will be updated once the Court rules on the parties’ request for preliminary approval of the settlement.

If the Court grants preliminary approval of the proposed settlement, you will have rights which you may wish to exercise, including rights to opt-out of the settlement or object. Please check this website frequently for updates. 

http://www.skecherssettlement.com/

https://skechers.action-settlement.com/  <----Online Claim Submission
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: If you purchased any of Skechers’ footwear...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »
*sigh*

Imma gonna sue da big bad shoe company 'cause dey used misleading marketing tactics!

Well, if they're successful, maybe someone can use it as precedent for going up against the PFI.

I won't hold my breath.

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
What does it mean?  People are suing Sketchers because they expected to become magically toned and fit from wearing the shoes, but instead they stayed fat and flabby? funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »
*sigh*

Imma gonna sue da big bad shoe company 'cause dey used misleading marketing tactics!

Well, if they're successful, maybe someone can use it as precedent for going up against the PFI.

I won't hold my breath.

thumbsup1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
What does it mean?  People are suing Sketchers because they expected to become magically toned and fit from wearing the shoes, but instead they stayed fat and flabby? funny2

They advertised that a particular shoe(s) would tone up ... something.  I think I remember the advertisement saying something along the lines ..."You'll never have to step inside a gym." 

The only Sketchers I wear are Shape-ups and I absolutely L O V E them!! 

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »
LOL

Got a pair for Christmas 'cause a co-worker said they were comfortable.  If I had known the gift-giver could get a refund, I'd have been eating more Big Macs & cheese fries daily, and taken before & after pictures for good evidence. 

What a sick world. 

As for the PFI, that would actually require these people (lawyers, what have you) using some common sense.   Is that realistic?

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
Wow, it's not "Lawyers" but the crock of  flamingturd which calls itself the FTC suing them!!

The financial payout was reached after the FTC sued the Manhattan Beach-basedSkechers USA Inc.  for making bogus claims about the shoes' ability to help consumers lose weight and shape up their posteriors.

Lost count of how many times I'd submitted PFI info to those clowns throughout 2007-08; pleading with others to also contact them because I thought they were ... eh forgetaboutit.  Doh1

Found this via 'major' Mediot outlet (note bolded; guess they can't afford an Editor):

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-skechers-20120517,0,2910121.story

Dana Barragate, an Federal Trade Commission attorney, acknowledged in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that some dishonest people will no doubt try to game the system and apply for a partial refund for shoes they didn't buy.
"But we think most consumers are honest," Barragate said.

Why of course they are!! Everyone's honest, actually!!   Doh1 bangshead  Anyone wanting their money back to begin with because they weren't magically transformed is SURE to be honest about wanting some $$$ "back", riiiiiight?  

Wondering if these shoes caused any injury, or calf muscle pulls? (Oops, shouldn't give anyone any bright ideas.) 

But Larissa Bungo, an assistant regional director for the FTC, told The Times that "we think $40 million is a significant amount of money" and noted that it's far more than the $25 million Reebok was ordered to pay in 2011. That settlement was prompted by a similar lawsuit regarding the company's line of shape-up shoes and clothing that claimed to help tone the body.

Anyone ever hear about a Reebok one?   LOL 15 Mil is  "far" more for major leading shoe companies?  They ALL need to put down the crackpipes...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:09:45 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Tags: