Author Topic: This Is Distubing - Need Your Help  (Read 4600 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
This Is Distubing - Need Your Help
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »
I was appalled to see this link on Encyclopedia Britannica's page for felines, wondering if perhaps they'd messed up Dr. Pierson's catinfo.org -- unfortunately it is another website as I just found out googling:

Feed your cat prepared foods only from a reputable manufacturer at room temperature. Do not feed your cat food intended for a dog or another animal. Try to fed your cat at the same time of day and in the same place to establish a routine. A fresh bowl of water and dry cat food from a reputable manufacter to graze on should be available at all times. Food bowls and feeding utensils should be kept clean at all times.
[/size][/size]

http://www.catsinfo.com/felinecare.html

Please help to get this woman to get her facts straight?  Can't believe how close this URL is to Dr. Pierson's  :o   http://www.catsinfo.com/contact.html

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: This Is Distubing - Need Your Help
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:00:38 AM »
And if you'd like to reinforce that it should be www.catinfo.org they should have there, you can go to the "Edit" or "Get Involved" tabs and tell the editors -- they do accept (and research) corrections suggested.    thumbsup1 :)    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/168536/domestic-cat#

(I have long forgotten my password and am still waiting for the email to re-set, to be sent to me.)  Doh1
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:04:11 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
And if you'd like to reinforce that it should be www.catinfo.org they should have there, you can go to the "Edit" or "Get Involved" tabs and tell the editors -- they do accept (and research) corrections suggested.    thumbsup1 :)    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/168536/domestic-cat#

(I have long forgotten my password and am still waiting for the email to re-set, to be sent to me.)  Doh1

I joined and submitted an edit. 

The part that should be edited TO catinfo.org is "outside links."  That is found at the very bottom of the page that CC linked to above.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »
Bump sent her an email, and he was even poliet about it.  Gave her the catinfo.org site address.  thumbsup1

Sorry, just worked 14 straight days, and pretty tired, have not been on much.  :'(

Sent an invite to Macy, she tried to join, and messed up, sent a pawmail to Lola, to fix it. Hope she can get on here.  :-*   dogstir1 bumpgif

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
Bump sent her an email, and he was even poliet about it.  Gave her the catinfo.org site address.  thumbsup1

Sorry, just worked 14 straight days, and pretty tired, have not been on much.  :'(

Sent an invite to Macy, she tried to join, and messed up, sent a pawmail to Lola, to fix it. Hope she can get on here.  :-*   dogstir1 bumpgif

I sent you a message.  Macy's email has been fixed.  She is good to go.   :D

Working 14 days straight is NOT an excuse.  We NEED your entertainment.   CatsterBath

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
I meant, Bump sent an email to the catsinfo lady, mol.  :D

Ya all, will be thanking your stars, that ya got 14 days off from Bump, mol.  :P funny2 Bumpurr1
Once he figures out how to work that camera, mol, ya all, will be sick of seeing pictures.   pullingouthair

Footyball is back on, so gotta start postys in the sports section, Bump excells at footyball trashy talk, mol.   thumbsup1 love1 hellowave dancingbanana bananamiddlechild woohoogif yaygif happydance1 multistars bumpgif

Respect THEE Star

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »
I meant, Bump sent an email to the catsinfo lady, mol.  :D

I got that.  I just copied your entire post...and replied to certain parts of it.  lol  I figured with you working 14 days in a row, it would be EASY to confuse you.   Bumpurr1

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »
MOL!  funny2

Yes mam, it is.  :o

Forgot stuff at the store, so had to go back again, after work, and didn't I still forget one thing??  :o  Doh1

Bumpurr1 groangif bumpgif 

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
I joined and submitted an edit. 

The part that should be edited TO catinfo.org is "outside links."  That is found at the very bottom of the page that CC linked to above.

Thanks Lola  :)  :)  Had forgotten Britannica had it listed at the bottom too  Doh1

I know I had given them Dr. Lisa's site & info;  the editors may have took the lazy way and cited the other site because it has breed info too.  bangshead

YayYYY  Bumprr!!   hellowave multistars multistars happydance1

(I hope the third-rate Philadelphia Pigeons are top priority on your trashy list. stickouttongue flashbang moon2 eviltongue censoredgif) )

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Have y'all heard anything back from the catsinf.o person?  I didn't.   ::)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
Have y'all heard anything back from the catsinf.o person?  I didn't.   ::)

I wasn't expecting that person to contact me.  ??  I also haven't heard anything from Britannica..and wasn't expecting to.  Haven't checked to see if any changes have been made either...

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
I wasn't expecting that person to contact me.  ??  I also haven't heard anything from Britannica..and wasn't expecting to.  Haven't checked to see if any changes have been made either...

No changes (yet.)  On either site  bangshead >:(

I would think even an automated email saying they've received the queries would be standard (had received them promptly from EB in the past.)   Now I wonder if there's anyone on the other end with a pulse. :-\

(Wasn't expecting that to be the case with the "info.com" person though, but ya never know with a blogger when they ask for your email in their contact form...although mine was pretty curt)  bangshead

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:51 AM »
Another very disturbing find, y'all  :(    http://www.pets90210.org/trivia.asp

These people look like they, sincerely, are out to do a whole lot of good. I would imagine that the Vegancats food sales site (link) is generous when it comes to donations  >:( bangshead

Despite its reputation for being finicky, the average cat consumes about 127,750 calories a year, nearly 28 times its own weight in food and the same amount again in liquids. Cats can be vegetarians if their diet is carefully monitored. For more information please go to: http://www.vegancats.com

Pretty steamed right now, so don't want to fire something off to them, yet.  

What on Earth can we tell these folks that they can't find in the Encyclopedias & books they must have read to accumulate so much cat "trivia"?     bangshead bangshead bangshead

They also have a page for dogs. I'm afraid to look  :o
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:09:45 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
VEGAN diet for cats??  OMG!  Doh1
A vegan diet includes all grains, beans, legumes, vegetables and fruits ... NO MEAT.  bangshead

If I say anything else, the word censor on here will blow up.